User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Duct Cleaning

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shop til I drop View Post
    I start talking Italian and they actually hang up on me. They called 2 days later and same thing called the next day and same thing. They actually stopped calling. It's been 4 months now.

O my God. That is so funny. I'll try to remember this thing when someone calls us. We never had a duct cleaning company called us, but a lot of credit card companies call us. I'll give this trick a try.
    newb likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

interesting, thanks for confirming what I believed that duct cleaning isn't necessary. friend gets this done every single year and was skeptical.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I first misread the title of your post as "Dust" Cleaning - and I was going to say I just draw pictures in my dust.

The duct cleaning phone calls are irritating. I had some when I lived in an apartment building - there was one where I told them I didn't have any ducts, and then the guy said I had a nice voice and asked if I'd sing for him - that was creepy.
    You can definitely ask to have your number removed from their calling list. It's law that they have to obey (although when I was briefly a telemarketer for a cc we had to inform the customer that it could be 30 days before it happened). Of course, chances are it doesn't matter because the companies aren't really legit anyway.
    There's been many issues with the federal Do Not Call List, because it only applies to Canada (so your number can be sold to call centers outside the country); there is little fining and prosecution going on with perpetrators; and if you register your cell phone, many telemarketers now have a number they weren't able to get before.

For anyone interested, there have been lots of studies done that duct cleaning is not even needed (even IF your ducts are dirty) - and in many cases cleaning will make things worse. The reason being is that there is usually moisture inside the ducts, so it's not just loose dust flying around - it sticks and doesn't go anywhere. Companies that come in and clean will make dust and dirt move through your ducts more - and there are also companies that use chemicals/sprays to "clean", and these cleaners again can be harmfully spread through your house by the ducts.
    newb likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    interesting, thanks for confirming what I believed that duct cleaning isn't necessary. friend gets this done every single year and was skeptical.
    Yeah I liked this too ..... I usually tell them I just had them done and ask why didn't the other guy tell you? then a quik goodbye. ........ they are pests tho.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Stella just called to sell me computer maintenance services...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know it is annoying. I usually just tell them, not interested and don't bother me LOL, so they know I am pissed
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information