User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deleted - Thank you for the overwhelming support!

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

I always love your brags I am sorry you felt that you had to delete it.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If people cannot share the good deals they find and the ways to use the coupons that are available then there would be no point in this site. I am sorry you had to delete your post.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

When you get attacked by the coupon police, report them.. they ruin it for everyone else
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought your brag was great. I enjoyed similar deals myself. Sorry to see you deleted your brag. Keep up the great shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have 2 of these coupons myself. I need to get over to Target to see what things they have for $3! My kids are out of the toddler/preschooler stage, so hopefully I can find something suitable for a bit older.
    lotsasavings and Shwa Girl like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's unfortunate we still have some Negative Nancys on here... A deal is a deal, regardless of how it is obtained. The important thing is that it's not illegally done. I LOVE reading the bragging section; gives me a rush of some sorts, lol.

I must admit though, this is probably the best maintained forum website I have been a part of, and I'm thankful for this website beyond any expression of gratitude.

So sorry you felt you had to delete it, I would've have loved to have read it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-sorry you had to delete -I love reading your brags

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think people get jealous of others getting amazing deals. You did great. There is plenty of time to use that coupon and my target still has lots of little cars left.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

This happened to me a few years ago. Mind you, this was all over the many Canadian forums. Because I posted what I got, a few people were upset that they couldn't find any and it was my fault. I must have driven 6 hours from Montreal to Toronto and cleared the shelf at that particular location where these people shopped. Unbelievable.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I didn't get to read your brag.
    lotasavings too bad you had to delete your brag post. Some people are just so totally jealous. Some just want to be negative and don't even have an interest in using the deal. I usually think twice about posting a brag too. But we are here to help each other save, find the best deal and share.
    (most of us)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    This happened to me a few years ago. Mind you, this was all over the many Canadian forums. Because I posted what I got, a few people were upset that they couldn't find any and it was my fault. I must have driven 6 hours from Montreal to Toronto and cleared the shelf at that particular location where these people shopped. Unbelievable.

couponmummy, I remember too how you got treated. I loved reading your brags and all the awesome deals you would find and get!!! I think it is great when someone finds a super awesome deal, I am happy for them

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by free*is*best View Post
    I didn't get to read your brag.
    lotasavings too bad you had to delete your brag post. Some people are just so totally jealous. Some just want to be negative and don't even have an interest in using the deal. I usually think twice about posting a brag too. But we are here to help each other save, find the best deal and share.
    (most of us)

couponmummy, I remember too how you got treated. I loved reading your brags and all the awesome deals you would find and get!!! I think it is great when someone finds a super awesome deal, I am happy for them
    this thing also happened with my friend momi' and from then she just stopped posing about her brags,
    no doubt she is still catching so many wonderful deals,sometimes she also messages me about deals but she does not post about her brags and finds any more just because of some negative comments on her previous brags.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Hi OP, I did not read your original post but I think you can still post your brag regardless of whether it is an actual brag or not and people like it or not. But remember people do not post comments because they are getting jealous or some thing , they may simply find it not ethical and they are entitled to their opinion. I have seen some great brags here and some super abuse of coupons (yup, sickening) and those people even encourage others.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    this thing also happened with my friend momi' and from then she just stopped posing about her brags,
    no doubt she is still catching so many wonderful deals,sometimes she also messages me about deals but she does not post about her brags and finds any more just because of some negative comments on her previous brags.
    Funny enough you would mention Momi, I was thinking to myself yesterday that she hasn't been here in a long time. And I believe the only reason ppl are getting such great deals at SDM using the personalized coupons is because of her and her brags. Before her posting here no one thought of printing the coupons more than once or even using manufacture coupons along with them. And now even the people with the negative comments are participating in this. I miss her brags and is because of her that I started paying attention to the emails from SDM along with half the ppl in here. To each their own, ethical or not ethical, shelf clearing or not shelf clearing, I believe we all have our opinions on that and who are we to decide. And I do not think any one in here can be influenced by another into doing something that they do not want to do. There is lots for every one, coupons and products. And maybe today you were not able to get in on a deal but there is always tomorrow and just because a shelf is cleared it doesn't mean it was because of one person. I've seen my fair share of empty shelves at walmart and loblaw and many other stores and I don't always think is because of couponers and shelf clearers. Sometimes items are advertised and stores just do not get the stock. And if someone beat me to it then I'll just have to leave my 2 year old and my 9 month old at home next time.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

They are entitled to their opinions if they think its not ethical but the rules for this part of the forum state clearly that they are not to post in this thread unless they have something positive to say. This is not the place for it...

Quote Originally Posted by sporatic View Post
    Hi OP, I did not read your original post but I think you can still post your brag regardless of whether it is an actual brag or not and people like it or not. But remember people do not post comments because they are getting jealous or some thing , they may simply find it not ethical and they are entitled to their opinion. I have seen some great brags here and some super abuse of coupons (yup, sickening) and those people even encourage others.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

I have been overwhelmed with the supportive comments, PMs and reps I've received about deleting my brag. A very sincere thank you! It seems that many of us have shared the same sort of experience and, sadly, it has impacted how hesitant we are now to post a future brag.

I wasn't sure whether or not to stir the pot by deleting my brag but I'm glad I did. From the time I changed my subject heading to "Deleted", another over 1,000 views have been added. What I hope has happened is that there is a now greater awareness of the impact of a negative, judgmental comment and the consequences it can have in preventing us from sharing brags/good deals with each other on SC.
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Sat, Apr 19th, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information