User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I learned today that cellphone text messages are too similar to email account. I don't want to post specifics, but I am flabbergasted to find out they can be altered.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What do you mean exactly???
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am wondering what you mean also? I do know that caller id is going up to $7 dollars. That is crazy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my sons gf altered a text to another girl putting in his phone number. It was a threatening letter. If I had known that could be done on a cell phone I would have never let him have one.

I am meaning it looked like it came from my son and he was at work and doesnt take his phone with him.

I am so cellphone illiterate I have a cheap one that I only answer when my mother calls. I dont text or anything. But both my teen sons have phones and text messaging.

After I had found out about the girl recieving the message I got my sis to check his phone and there was nothing. I called the cellphone company and the guy tells me it is not possible to change the number the message is coming from, but that the next time it happens call the authorities.
    Last edited by seekthetruth; Sat, Jul 12th, 2008 at 07:34 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Do you mean your son's text got fwd'ed to someone elses cell?
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

you can have the internet and text messaging block from the cell phone! I just did it to mine as I had received someone else's text messages how i don't know! so my carrier blocked it for me I don't text @ all or any of that stuff- phone is for calling hubby pick up milk call the kids emergency etc.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I called Telus and had them remove the 'texting' feature from
    my cell. Someone got my number and was sending text messages
    for 'horrorscopes' lol and at $2 per text; drained my account.
    Luckily, Telus did credit twice but said that was it. So, in light
    of future problems, the feature is GONE!
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

The texting and internet on cell phones & downloads of anything are too expensive and there should be better security too avoid all this!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Telus was supposed to turn my text feature off...twice now. First time turned it back on & said everybody's is on no exceptions anymore. Some time later I did manage to have somebody say they would turn it off but my phone started beeping recently and guess what, the memory is full and it's all text messages! I don't text nor do I want to either. I am like jenna 321 and that phone is for special circumstances. Now I am told I need to bring my phone to them so they can clearn the memory and maybe finally stop the onslaught of text messages I get and never read? I read my first three text message, some creepy man with potty mouth & mind to match bothering me. I have never read another message since. This time, if Telus does not really turn this feature off (many messages are likely from Telus) then they can keep my phone and I'll find company that respects privacy and client's wishes. I am afraid to use cell too much. They are not good for you nor is carrying them in pockets near to your person!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think what they do is use an internet type to text service - you just type in your phone number as "who" the message is coming from, and type in a text to go to a phone - you can do it online at many telephone company websites.

You can't manipulate it from a phone, but you can lie about who you are on a computer, and send it to a phone.

Teenagers are mean.
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Thread Information