User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Summer colds and thermostats

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This thread is from many years ago

I did wear a blazer like men and yes it was still cold. Considering I wrote that I needed a space heater and wore winter clothes at the office in June (and I wasn't the only one), I don't think I should be blamed for feeling cold at the time. There were exactly two men in that entire office and I don't see why this has become a gender issue.

I no longer work at that place. The new place has reasonable temperatures and I have heard exactly zero complaints in two years.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I work in a vet clinic. It's a constant battle of thermostats lol. I'm always hot though. And then add wrestling a 160 pound dog to the ground to give vaccines and well.... Sweeeeatttyyyyyy lol! We set it now and if I'm hot I stand over the vent. If someone's cold they put on a sweater haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, seylz_gurl and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Unfortunately, I've never worked in an office where everyone is happy with the temperature.
    This is definitely true in my office. I work in a newer addition on the back of the building, which has a separate thermostat. I work in a corner with no vents, so I get very hot - the other ladies in my department have vents right by their desks, so they get cold. The other office connected to our thermostat has a ton of vents in a tiny space, so they tend to be cold (our thermostat is usually set to 74-75F)

The older part of the building has a separate thermostat, and the agents keep turning down the temp - but the receptionists, kitchen, and bathrooms have vents almost right under their feet - so it's freezing!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    I work in a vet clinic. It's a constant battle of thermostats lol. I'm always hot though. And then add wrestling a 160 pound dog to the ground to give vaccines and well.... Sweeeeatttyyyyyy lol! We set it now and if I'm hot I stand over the vent. If someone's cold they put on a sweater haha!
    Oh, the last time I had to take our dog to the vet it was sweltering! I was not happy camper. Poor boy was already upset/anxious about being at the vet, add to that waiting in a hot, windowless exam room for almost 20 minutes just to see the vet - I was a very grumpy and sweaty pet owner, so I can only imagine how you feel working in that environment all day.
    Ciel and samm07 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have the a/c on all the time
    love the COLD
    Ciel and luckbealady like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Shopping in malls with high A/C manages to make a quick shopper out of me. Could be an excuse to load up with popcorn at Kernels as a matter of personal warmth while walking the mall.

I'm glad that @torontogal12 has the temperatures just right at her current workplace.

Saturday was windy so I had all the windows open while baking a cake (it was just me at home). A few minutes before it was done, rest of family walked in and made comments about how hot it was. I was hoping they'd linger at the service longer so I could get the baking done without their noticing. Then later I had to get some pop and chill it, I felt so pancaked by the heat.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In my case, I don't like allergies....... I work from home, so it's quite cool......so I needed a blazer when needed...... In case of colds, wash your hands and don't touch your face!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCouponSaver78 View Post
    In case of colds, wash your hands and don't touch your face!
    And dont let someone else with dirty hands touch your face either!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information