User Tag List

Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
Like Tree7338Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best SDM shop this week?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    This week got 4 tide for .99 cents each, Nivea creams $3.00 on clearance reg $21.99 and the duo pack of suncream and after sun lotion on clearance for $5.00 (didn't think this was a great deal but for $2.50 each I guess it was ok) reg. price was $18.99!!! They also had waterproof, sport 30 SPF duo packs for $5.00..Attachment 256624
    Make sure to pay attention to the dates of the sun lotion as they expire after awhile and the suncreen effectiveness comes down with age. No point in putting on sunscreen if it is no longer effective.
    ROMEO, ssbean and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to SDM to use a personal coupon for any fructis Garnier conditioner or rinse $1.99, so I picked up the most expensive( and one my daughter wanted) sleek and shine with Morrocan oil and apricot...then I went over to the clearance section, they had Quaker snacks for $1.00 expiring in a month, crest toothpaste all kinds for $1.00 or $2.00 for double pack, then I was going to use my $1.50 coupon of each one when I noticed they expired, so I used my $1.00 off coupon, so most of them were free, then I got extra points ..don't know for what!! Spent $10.94 for 11 items which $2.00 was tax!!oh yeah the toothpaste says expiring march 2016!! Tried uploading picture, but sc system was taking too long!
    ROMEO, ssbean, sdddmd and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Picture..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ROMEO, jandbby, seylz_gurl and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to SDM to use a personal coupon for any fructis Garnier conditioner or rinse $1.99, so I picked up the most expensive( and one my daughter wanted) sleek and shine with Morrocan oil and apricot...then I went over to the clearance section, they had Quaker snacks for $1.00 expiring in a month, crest toothpaste all kinds for $1.00 or $2.00 for double pack, then I was going to use my $1.50 coupon of each one when I noticed they expired, so I used my $1.00 off coupon, so most of them were free, then I got extra points ..don't know for what!! Spent $10.94 for 11 items which $2.00 was tax!!oh yeah the toothpaste says expiring march 2016!! Tried uploading picture, but sc system was taking too long!
    There is a 10x offer on Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White toothpaste - so maybe from that?
    ssbean and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    There is a 10x offer on Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White toothpaste - so maybe from that?
    Thanks luckbealady, it was probably for that!!
    ssbean, luckbealady and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SavvyLady, might I inquire about your Garnier purchase? I have that coupon this week as well (I get it all the time 51609), but they can never get it working for the product in your pic. It's the same one as on the coupon, isn't it? Back in May I called customer service but said they had no control on fixing it. I was hoping based on your post that it was fixed but I had no luck with it again today.

Might you have used it in Quebec (I'm in Ontario too), on a different product or your Shoppers did a manual override? Any info would be much appreciated!! Every time I get it, I'm buying the same bottle of conditioner (the big one!).

Nice shop btw!
    ssbean and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My best shop this week was 3 bottles of life brand insect repellent clearing for $2 regularly $6.99. We go through so much of this, it really made my week. They were also clearing all their Off products for $3 but I didn't have my coupons with me (yes, I should know better!) so I couldn't get myself to buy the Off ones. Now of course I wish I had.

Also bought Arnica A535 from the clearance rack $3 regularly $11.99 expires August 2015.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    SavvyLady, might I inquire about your Garnier purchase? I have that coupon this week as well (I get it all the time 51609), but they can never get it working for the product in your pic. It's the same one as on the coupon, isn't it? Back in May I called customer service but said they had no control on fixing it. I was hoping based on your post that it was fixed but I had no luck with it again today.

Might you have used it in Quebec (I'm in Ontario too), on a different product or your Shoppers did a manual override? Any info would be much appreciated!! Every time I get it, I'm buying the same bottle of conditioner (the big one!).

Nice shop btw!
    once i got this coupon and tried to use it on shampoo, didnt work. Tried to use it on the product pictured on the coupon, didnt work. I think the cashier tried to use this coupon for another item too but we didnt get lucky. Someone on the forums told that this coupon works on any "leave-in" garnier products. I havent tried it yet, and would like to know what savvylady tells us.
    ssbean and maple7 like this.

SC Fan
    Trading Score
    289 (100%)

my best deal was .05 for tampax pearl tampons, used personal offer for $3 off and a manufacturer coupon for $1 off, cashier let me use both so after the $3 off, it went down to $1 and that was what the .05 tax was on!
    ssbean, sdddmd and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    once i got this coupon and tried to use it on shampoo, didnt work. Tried to use it on the product pictured on the coupon, didnt work. I think the cashier tried to use this coupon for another item too but we didnt get lucky. Someone on the forums told that this coupon works on any "leave-in" garnier products. I havent tried it yet, and would like to know what savvylady tells us.
    Before I called in May, I had a very patient supervisor try every garnier fructis leave-in treatment/rinse they had on the shelf and none of them worked. She suggested I call head office but I really didn't get anywhere.
    ssbean and amira84 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    Free Liners SCOP and a little funny story to go along with them.

I showed cashier the tag and she said "you are right" and brought me back to her counter (cosmetics) . She looked like she knew what she was doing so I din't mention anything about SCOP, it took her like 5 minutes to do whatever it was that she was doing. Then she hands me back $1.05 and my liners . So I asked her "am I not supposed to get them for free?" she looked at me puzzled and said " I am giving you the difference in the price, so I did it right," I then explained to her again and she goes " ohh, you'll have to take that up with the manager, I don't have the authority to do that."
    She pages him, and I swear is the head Stock boy the one who came out, so I was shocked and she goes to him. " she bought this and the price was wrong so she asked for the TALKER and I gave her the TALKER and now she wants it for free." Stock boy looks at me, looks at her and he looked puzzled and says ,"she just bought that?' then looks at her and pauses, and thinks and hums ( all this time I am standing wondering what the heck is going on, staring at the big SCOP sticker behind her counter and stuck to the register) then he goes, " just give it to her and take her to the front cash ( I am thinking I paid here, that's why I'm here ) but , he takes me to the front and doesn't look very pleased so now at this point the whole thing just feels awkward and then I say, " isn't that how is supposed to work, then he pauses again and says " well, yeah but you have to ask for it, no one is going to give it to you just like that, no one wants to lose money." Hands me back my cash and refund receipt." I was going to say well it ain't coming outta your pocket, but I figured since I see him there all the time I'm just going to keep quiet.

I walked out laughing because I was still trying to figure out what had happened and the whole TALKER thing, but needless to say I got my free liners, but boy did I have to work hard for that one.

The Talker hahahaha.

I believe the cashiers are supposed to offer SCOP, and you shouldn't have to ask for it as far as I understand. That being said, I went to school with someone a year ago who worked at Lawtons Drug Store and he said that he has rang up things the wrong price countless times before but has never given SCOP before because no one has ever asked (but he is well aware that he is supposed to give it but doesn't want to be bothered).

SCOP is a store's policy that they committed to so they should be responsible for following it, and they shouldn't have to be reminded of their own policies. So you did everything perfect by the sounds of things

(You left your comment about a week ago so sorry if this seems like a weird out of date reply )
    seylz_gurl, ssbean and sdddmd like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi Maple7 and Amira, I live in Ontario and I used the coupon and I don't think the cashier did anything differentley, also it's the same item in the picture, so they should give it to you...I did go in the first time with my daughter and she picked a herbal essence conditioner and I had the Garnier the system used the coupon for her item, I didn't know it worked on herbal essence, I guess this is a Garnier product, so since the coupon only works on one item(the cheapest) it didn't work on mine. So I went back another day and it worked, make sure you don't have any other conditioner. I Might go back today and get another one it worked well on my hair. Good luck everyone!
    ssbean, amira84 and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post
    The Talker hahahaha.

I believe the cashiers are supposed to offer SCOP, and you shouldn't have to ask for it as far as I understand. That being said, I went to school with someone a year ago who worked at Lawtons Drug Store and he said that he has rang up things the wrong price countless times before but has never given SCOP before because no one has ever asked (but he is well aware that he is supposed to give it but doesn't want to be bothered).

SCOP is a store's policy that they committed to so they should be responsible for following it, and they shouldn't have to be reminded of their own policies. So you did everything perfect by the sounds of things

(You left your comment about a week ago so sorry if this seems like a weird out of date reply )
    You are correct but youdo have to ask for it you do not get it automatically
    ssbean and jamesfranco like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Maple7 and Amira, I live in Ontario and I used the coupon and I don't think the cashier did anything differentley, also it's the same item in the picture, so they should give it to you...I did go in the first time with my daughter and she picked a herbal essence conditioner and I had the Garnier the system used the coupon for her item, I didn't know it worked on herbal essence, I guess this is a Garnier product, so since the coupon only works on one item(the cheapest) it didn't work on mine. So I went back another day and it worked, make sure you don't have any other conditioner. I Might go back today and get another one it worked well on my hair. Good luck everyone!
    Thanks Savvylady, I was thinking that maybe you had bought it in Quebec. You've given me renewed hope, I will likely call head office again the next time it doesn't work. I get this coupon all the time.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. This is so weird! One coupon but works differently in different stores/times. I had only one item in my hand when i wanted to buy garnier shampoo, but it didnt work for that. But i forgot to mention that the sdm i went to at that time was the one that gives me hard time for my coupons. Next time when i get this coupon i'll go to my good sdm and try my luck there.

once i had a $ off coupon for something (maybe milk) but the coupon was not working. It wws an sdm personalized coupon and that sdm was my good sdm. The cashiers over ride/ adjusted the price manually. They didnt get irritated about the whole process. It all depends on store staff too.
    Last edited by amira84; Fri, Sep 19th, 2014 at 09:32 PM.
    ssbean and maple7 like this.

Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread Information