User Tag List

Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
Like Tree7338Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best SDM shop this week?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wahiariis View Post
    I have been stalking the forums for quite a while, and just recently decided to join.....I wanted to share some deals I found last night at my local SDM!

6 Vichy NutriExtra hand lotion ($59.70 value) for $9.85 ($20 WUB 3 emailed coupon from Vichy)
    2 Nexxus Frizz Defy ($37.99 value) for $8.00
    2 Nair Brazilian Spa Clay Hair Removal Systems, 32 uses ($39.98 value) for $10
    1 Nair Coarse Hair Removal Cream ($9.99 value) for $2.50
    Plus.....$10 Shoppers coupon off my total for spending $50 before coupons, I had a $20 off 3 Vichy products!!! I got over $127 worth of stuff for $20.35+ taxes!! and a PIN code for the contest!! Woohoo!!
    Attachment 273083

Any link to this coupon? Thats a great coupon! I never tried Vichy because its so expensive!

Thanks!

EDIT: found it using this link: http://vichyworksforme.ca/heres-20-off
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Feb 8th, 2015 at 07:38 PM.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

My Shoppers had boxes of the original Turtles on sale for $4.99
    Used my $2 coupons = $2.99/box So I guess everyone will be getting a box of Turtles for Valentine's Day

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today i used my big bonus offer of "20× points wus $50.00 or more" with the gas gift card promo. I bought these lise watier portfolio, waterproof pencil eye liner and rogue fondant lipstick.

Subtotal = $76.00
    Total = $85.12
    Got gas gift card = $20.00
    Pts for buying sdm gc to pay for this stuff = 860
    Pts for this transaction = 760
    product bonus pts = 5000 (lips and scents to love brochure offers 5000 wus $50.00 on lise watier makeup)
    And finger crossed, hopefully i will get 20× pts by the 14th of next month.
    Total pts will be 860+14440+5000=20300
    Name:  20150208_173539.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  54.6 KB
    dahliagrower, Cata, maple7 and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have $2.50 off on Lubriderm

Any idea how much is it for this week?

I checked the flyer but no lubriderm

Thanks in advance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I bought 6 Treseme 700ml conditioners for $1.99 each. Two loaves of bread for free ($1.99 - $2 off sticky).

Forgot to mention I got 4 Oasis non-pulp 2L oj for .49. it was on sale and had a $2 sticky.
    Last edited by firstimer1969; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 02:48 PM.

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Was at my Favorite shoppers this afternoon using my 18500pts when you spend $75. Nothing so exciting on my list but when I was having the manager get eggs from the back for me I noticed they had the shredded cheese that was on sale for $4.99 with $3 manager peelies.(it expires tomorrow) I grabbed 3 bags and when he came back asked if I was willing to take the rest, there were 10 in total. Told him I did not have an extra $20 for cheese he told me wait and he put another $1.50 manager peelie on each bag making them 50 cents each......woo hoo.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by windowwendy View Post
    Was at my Favorite shoppers this afternoon using my 18500pts when you spend $75. Nothing so exciting on my list but when I was having the manager get eggs from the back for me I noticed they had the shredded cheese that was on sale for $4.99 with $3 manager peelies.(it expires tomorrow) I grabbed 3 bags and when he came back asked if I was willing to take the rest, there were 10 in total. Told him I did not have an extra $20 for cheese he told me wait and he put another $1.50 manager peelie on each bag making them 50 cents each......woo hoo.

wow. Great deal on the cheese!
    Karlina likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm posting this again from the other thread as it is my WORST shop ever and I need to air out my frustration!

I went and did my weekly shop today (holiday today) at my usual Shoppers.

I had a very stubborn cashier today who was brand new. At first she wouldn't let me combine manf. coupons with shoppers personalized coupons. She had to ask someone and that other person was also brand new and didn't know.

Then she gave in and said she'd take it because she didn't know.

Always Infinity was on sale at $4.99. I had a $1 manuf. coupon plus $2 shoppers coupon. The lady was examining every coupon closely for expiration dates, county, etc.. She even tried to scan the printed manuf. coupon through the shoppers system. LOL. She also told me that they are asking customers to keep the date that the coupon was printed (at the bottom of the page). On top of that, she wouldn't let me use the $2 shoppers coupon because it says "Always Maxi Pads" whereas I wanted to buy the Always Infinity Pads. Aren't they like the same? I even asked nicely if she could give it a try and scan it and she said no (just found out that it would have worked). I didn't purchase it in the end and made her erase the manuf. coupon from the system. LOL

She was even reading through each shoppers personalized coupons and verifying that i was the correct optimum card and the correct product. She would get a coupon and then check to make sure that it was the exact product that i was purchasing. I think I stood there for at least 15/20 minutes (or maybe even more!) while she read through all the terms and 5-10 people waited behind me. and then she didn't even help me bag my items!

She called for a second cashier who was also new and didn't have a password to take the people behind me. Once they got a second cash going, my cashier tried to call for a third cashier but noone was around!

Since she wasn't very nice, I didn't exactly feel the need to rush through my transaction either and let the line build behind me. lol.

After my transaction, I also wanted a raincheck on something that was out of stock. I gave her the price tag of the item that I wanted. She wouldn't take my word for it, so she tried to call for someone to verify that there were actually none left, but noone picked up and she gave me the raincheck. LOL

On top of that, I noticed that one of my personalized coupons didn't go through so I have to call the optimum line again tomorrow.

This was a very interesting shopping experience. The people behind me (one with a baby) must have been wondering why I was taking forever. LOL.

Obviously Shoppers won't be losing me as a customer (as I capitalize on coupons and points) but they run the risk of losing the customers behind me who are waiting, over some coupons that she had to take forever to verify

THe best cashiers are the ones that take the coupons and run through the codes. They know that if they are accepted then it will go through, otherwise they don't. Its a yes or no in the system.
    Last edited by jsmile; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
    amira84 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

^^ As you stated she was new. I'm sure she was trained to make sure all the coupons were matched up with the correct product and the Optimum card matches. Some seasoned cashiers are well versed in the use of these coupons/optimum cards but a new cashier would probably be a little more apprehensive when accepting coupons.

I tend to cut the new cashiers some slack as we all started out brand new at one point in time.

Good for the cashier for double checking that a product was out of stock before issuing a rain check. That's the proper thing to do otherwise people could be getting rain checks to save for a later, more lucrative date when in fact there is still plenty of stock in the back room.

If I ever need a rain check I try to find a clerk on the floor to help me get one. I wouldn't think of taking the tag off the shelf and handing it to a cashier.

I hope your next shopping trip is uneventful and smooth sailing.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 07:44 PM.
    uanoor and 2shopmom like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    ^^ As you stated she was new. I'm sure she was trained to make sure all the coupons were matched up with the correct product and the Optimum card matches. Some seasoned cashiers are well versed in the use of these coupons/optimum cards but a new cashier would probably be a little more apprehensive when accepting coupons.

I tend to cut the new cashiers some slack as we all started out brand new at one point in time.

Good for the cashier for double checking that a product was out of stock before issuing a rain check. That's the proper thing to do otherwise people could be getting rain checks to save for a later, more lucrative date when in fact there is still plenty of stock in the back room.

If I ever need a rain check I try to find a clerk on the floor to help me get one. I wouldn't think of taking the tag off the shelf and handing it to a cashier.

I hope your next shopping trip is uneventful and smooth sailing.
    I understand what you mean by giving some leway to new cashiers. I think it didn't help that management was not good.

She was quite curt and matter-of-fact with what she was saying. I heard no apologies, sympathy or anything from any staff. Not even to the next person in line. I live in a major city so I've seen my share of new employees and new store openings and I've even helped them out and waited. It would have been better if her attiude had been better.

There was no supervisors or managers around at all. There was one girl stocking shelves in the bandaid section but noone else was around other than the pharmacist. Shouldn't they have someone train and shadow 2 new employees at cash? Even when she called others to come out and help her, noone picked up her calls. I give her some slack but my overall experience was poor due to management.
    Last edited by jsmile; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 08:15 PM.
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

garlic [email protected] !!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before attempting the Beauty Redemption today I needed to stock up on some stuff around the house and try for a few extra points to pad my total, hoping to be able to do 2 redemptions, so my transaction went a little like this:

1 Life Brand Bath Tissue (9 mega rolls) $4.49 (2000 points any bath tissue emailed offer)
    1 Pampers Cruisers box $22.99 ($1 MFC, 3000 points VIB coupon)
    1 Pampers Swaddlers box $22.99 ($1 MFC, 3000 points VIB coupon)
    1 Pampers Wipes refill pack $6.99 ($1 MFC, 2000 points VIB coupon)
    1 4L Milk $3.97 (600 points any 4L milk emailed offer)
    1 Bath Retreat Bath Pouf $2.99 ($0.50 mailed SDM coupon)
    1 Balea Cleansing Wipes $2.99 (2000 points emailed offer)
    1 Quo Double pack foundation sponges $2.50 (1000 points VIB coupon)
    1 Covergirl LashBloom Mascara $8.99 ($2 SDM any CG Mascara mailed coupon, 1500 points VIB coupon) PLUS $1.50 CO51
    1 Johnson's Baby Shampoo $3.49 ($1 Healthy Essentials Coupon, 1000 points VIB coupon)

$75.89 before taxes
    790 base points
    11,500 coupon points
    4,600 Bonus Points
    16,890 total points!!!

Transaction 2:

1 Mens Fragrance Sampler $75 (16,000 Points WUS $60, emailed offer)
    1 Covergirl Colourliscious Lipstick $8.99 ($2 MFC smartsource coupon, 1500 points VIB coupon)
    2 Maybelline Fit Me Foundation $6.99 ($1 SDM mailed coupon (applied to both!), 1000 points WUB 2)
    2 Essie Nail Polish $7.99 (1000 points WUB2)

$110.95 before taxes
    1,120 Base points
    2,000 Product Bonus Points (Maybelline and Essie purchases)
    1,500 Coupon Points
    16,000 Transaction Bonus Points
    20,620 points total!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

At last I decided to take advantage of the redemption. I have been wanting to get Dior J'adore perfume for quite a while now and never saw it on sale at sdm. So i thought of redeeming my points and get the perfume and some more beauty stuff for me and my mom.

I bought dior perfume, stila balm lipstick (2000 bp), no bleeding lips lip liner (2000 bp), elizabeth arden lipstick(3000 bp), lise watier (5000 bp wus $50.00 or more). In the end i got 12000 pts back making my redemption as 68000 pts = $200.00.

I used my sdm bogo revlon lipstick coupon and my $3.00 off coupon on revlon HD lipstick. My sdm was offering us a ticket for $5.00; we get a goody bag full of nail polishes and samples, a chance to enter our name for a draw to win a basket full of cosmetics worth $400.00 AND this ticket was going to take $5.00 off our total. So my total needed to be $5.00 more than $200.00. And that perfume price came up to $99.00 so she gave me $10.00 off because of SCOP. So this $5.00 ticket and $10.00 off SCOP made me buy stila lip balm and my total went up $11.00. But that's okay for me!

Here are the pics of receipt, goody bag products and my shop. Stila and Elizabeth Arden lipsticks are for my mom.
    Name:  20150214_165810_resized.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  48.7 KB
    Name:  20150214_165736_resized.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  55.5 KBName:  20150214_165259_resized.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  50.0 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

.99 cents for 3@ fresh garlic ----- way better deal than Metro
    ROMEO, amira84 and maple7 like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

?????

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    .99 cents for 3@ fresh garlic ----- way better deal than Metro
    ROMEO and amira84 like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread Information