User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hello, as the pic shows I do receive a large number of coupons. I have mailed pet coupons as well as baby coupons to others at my postage expense, but when I pm them for a rating I don't receive any (only one followed through after my pm). I have requested joining a train but was told because I am a newbie (don't know how long that lasts) I was not wanted. I hate to waste these coupons letting them expire. If some one could please advise me if there is any organization I could mail coupons to even expired coupons it would be greatly appreciated. I do not mean to sound glum but I really don't know what to do.

Thank you for your time.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I don't know of any organizations, but I'm willing to do a trade with you Let me know what you're looking for if you're interested click on my profile to see what I am looking for. I WILL give you a trade rating when done
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

if you have a loblaws/superstore nearby that you shop at, i would drop the complete booklets in their coupon zone in the basket at the bottom that is usually there.

the rest, just "fairy" them in your regular grocery store. stick them on shelves near the products. i am assuming a lot of these are expiring in the next month or so which may not be enough time to trade ALL of them.

perhaps approach another newbie for trading. i hope some interested parties will approach you through this thread

good luck
    Last edited by anisa; Thu, Sep 15th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

You need to watch for a newbie train! There always a couple running! On those trains, you don't need feedback!! I'll, hopefully, be running one very soon.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

you could offer to do RAOK .. I know i give ratings every single time someone sends me anything.. its just fair ya know. if you have a wish list on your profile under 'about me' that helps others too who are willing to trade. at least try and have a list under your profile of what you have (that you dont need) that your willing to trade. I actually do see a few in your pic i'd take or trade with ya. let me know.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I would love to trade with you, and I will definitely give you a trade rating PM me and let me know.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

You'll have to look for a newbie train. It takes time I know but they are out there. VWT trains will raise your rating really fast as you get feedback from all the riders instead of just the conductor on a regular train.

Pop into your local thread and see if you can get in on any trading in your area.

I'd also send an email to giving-small. She runs training on couponing including trains and trading that I think is awasome. I'm in group 13 and we are just about to receive our envies from a VWT train. And of course we'll all get feedback from each other.

I don't know where you are located but Ashokia is looking for donations of coupons for striking workers at Ontario Colleges (especially here in Ottawa). Many of the workers are single parents that really need their paycheque.
    Last edited by frugalmom2; Thu, Sep 15th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

To send enough ppl coupons at your expense and not get nothing in return is wrong. What you should do next time is tell them you want a rating for mailing them a bundle. And you want stamps. Wait till you get the stamps and then mail your coupons. i dont get why some ppl dont know enough to give a rating when they are given things. Sometimes its just a raok but sometimes a rating is appreciated when new to trading.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm a newbie too and I'd be more than willing to trade with you. Let me know what you are looking for and what you'd like to get rid of

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I think you have some great advice here I was going to suggest a newbie train as well. One problem is that a lot of us seem to have the same basic coupons and it can be hard to find homes for the common ones. I bet there are a lot of other newbies that would would love to have some of the coupons you posted. I would make sure you mention a rating, and a stamp or two, as terms of the trade. You may even get some great coupons in return. Happy trading
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I also had that "issue" at one time - what I did was pile a variety of coupons together to make at minimum $50 bundles (they were a bit more) until I had a number of envies put together (I think I did 6 of them), then posted Newbie bundles in exchange for 5 unused P stamps.

That right there is X number of trades (depends on your number of envies). Make sure they are reasonable expiry dates, and enough of a mix that people will get use from the coupons provided; this means that you shouldn't just be sending stuff you don't want, you should share wanted coupons as well.

Just my 2 cents

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have quite a bit of coupons too. I had a windfall of P&G inserts. If you want to trade just for the sake of trading(lol) I will and rate you. I could even send you a few stamps if you like. Get our ratings rolling. LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thank you all for the wonderful information posted.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Hi sweetie!

I will happily trade with you There are lots of people here willing to trade with newbies and newbie trains available, however the BEST advice I can give you is PM Giving-Small and ask to join one of her groups. Once you're in the group, watch the slideshows and take part in the discussions and tasks she gives. It is a GREAT way to learn about coupons and it gives you a great start with a base of people to start trading with.

I also recommend checking out your local forum thread and see if there are coupon swaps and meets you can go to, or those you can trade locally with first to get your rating up.

3rd recommendation is making up a trade's list and wishlist. If people can see what you have available then they're more likely to trade with you. It can take a lot of time, especially if you have a lot but it is worth it and goes a long way towards keeping you organized as well as for getting people comfortable with trading with you. My personal thought is, if you're a newbie but you have taken the time to list what you have and list some things you want (even a very general wishlist like..."peanut butter, eggs, Campbell's, cheese" type things then people will be more open to trading.

These suggestions have all helped me, and work for me. But of course are just my personal feelings
    Last edited by floweredangel; Fri, Sep 16th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I would *love* to trade with you, and I will definitely give you a rating Just private message me if you are interested

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information