User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By katvb89

Thread: Samsung and Home Depot

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do not usually complain, but I bought a Samsung washer and dryer at Home Depot. I bought it on Saturday September 6, but had to wait until yesterday, September 12 to get it delivered. I had already gone a week without doing laundry so I was ecstatic to get my new machines. The washer worked great, but the dryer is broken! After 30 minutes on hold, I found out I have to wait 4 days for service, and then they may have to order a new machine and that will be a week! Home Depot will not help at all. They said as soon as you buy the machine it is not their problem.

So upsetting!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

How can it not be their problem? They delivered a broken machine! Did they set it up for you? If so it's their JOB to make sure everything works before they leave!
    I would call back and speak to a manager and demand someone come out TODAY and fix it or exchange it.
    That's just beyond ridiculous!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Home Depot is usually really good at their customer service. If you call and ask to speak to a manager and let them know what's going on they may bring you a loaner until you can get a replacement.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can kind of see it from Home Depot's POV - they sell the machines, but the repair people are probably employed by Samsung.

Even then, I'd be asking for some sort of compensation from Home Depot, since they are the ones who sold it.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I too wold call and ask for a manager. I've had good luck with hme depot. If you can't get any satisfaction. I would get sme help,load it up and take it back. Get a refund then head to another Home Depot that has one in stock and bring it hme yourself. AND, mark sure you get a refund on the delivery, for the dryer anyways, since they did deliver the washer, they shod refund half.
    I'm really sorry this has happened. We all dislike doing laundry, but it's usually exciting when you get a new machine. So I feel for you as to how frustrating this is. I hope your day gets better from here.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Home Depot....I haven't purchased anything there for about 7 years or so after the terrible treatment we had when we purchased our hot water heater. It worked for less then a month then broke. It took 28 days to get a new one. So 28 days without any hot water in the house. If we wanted to buy another new one they could have it delivered the next day but because it broke sorry have to wait for service etc..huge run around. I called the store every day for 28 days asking to speak to the manager and he would not come to the phone and would not return our call. Never spoke to him, never got an apology, the silence was deafening! We were polite when we called so not behaving like lunatics or anything but after a while I was beyond pissed!! Have not bought anything from them since. Not impressed! So they not only lost all of our renovation $$$ but we have told that story to so many people. Where if they had just resolved the problem in a reasonable manner we would have told everyone about the great service. Things break, we get that but it is how a situation is dealt with that makes the difference. It was not a happy experience. Lugging pots of boiling water through the house so you can have a bath in 1" of water! Ugh just writing makes me start to get mad all over again.

Thread Information