User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hot Tub Nightmare

Thread: Are you shopping around for a hot tub.....PLEASE READ!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

STAY AWAY FROM BEACHCOMBER

If you are currently looking to purchase a hot tub, this is a must read...We were so excited at the time to make this purchase both my husband and I have back issues and this was a purchase we finally allowed our budget to make. We did our research, went and saw different tubs but in the end it was two referrals from people we knew who just raved about their Beachcomber Hot Tubs and had enjoyed them for years.

We bought our tub June 2010 and it was delivered July 20,2010 to our frustration we had issues from the start with the jets popping out, one or two of them actually shattered as we found it in pieces at the bottom of the tub. Then about 8 months later the motherboard went which is quite an important component, luckily it was under warranty as that would have been about a 1500$ hit.

Then on February 8th, 2014 on a night the was incredibly cold, we came home from an evening out, looking forward to a soak in the hot tub and we found a huge pool of water had frozen around the tub and water spewing from under the step. It was during a 'cold snap' and the hush pump and flo thru element had failed or so we were told. I have to say both of us suspect differently the communication on the matter with the tech was quite vague as to what exactly failed. Not so vague was the bill we were slapped with, which was $1,118.93. When we finally had the tub thawed enough for a tech to actually fix it was the 24th of March. Keep in mind the tub is only 3 1/2 years old at the time and you would think (built in Canada and all) that it would stand up against Canadian winter.

Now we have noticed that the tub is leaking water daily, we're thinking it's probably damage sustained from that night. We are now forced to drain the tub for winter as we are forced to cut our losses. The hot tub is not even 5 years old and is useless. Useless because we refuse to sink any more money into a tub that has had nothing but problems from the beginning. Be warned the complacency of this company is staggering. Once they have you spending your money on one of their tubs the customer service goes out the window after that. Our only recourse right now is to warn others on every forum and review site so that they might not make the same mistake we made by buying a Beachcomber tub.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Hot Tub Nightmare; Wed, Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:36 AM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

thanks for the heads up!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh wow thanks for letting us know, will watch out when purchasing a hot tub in the future

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for letting us know about that OP

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Stay away from hot tubs in general.

It isn't just the Beachcomber brand. My boyfriend currently is having a hot tub nightmares as well. You would think these were built for Canadian winters but the answer is no. They maybe insulated but the electronics are definitely made in China.

My BF has replaced so many parts over the years and like the post above, it is only 4 years old. Recently an inexpensive fuse blew in the middle of winter and caused all sorts of damage and we are debating whether not to fix it.

Hot tubs are cash cows for retailers. They love selling them because they know they will make a tons of money on servicing them.

Given what I know now I would NEVER buy a hot tub again - unless I won the lottery.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, May 5th, 2015 at 12:43 PM.

Thread Information