User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MortgageQueen

Thread: Top Mortgage Brokers in Canada

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can anyone tell me that who are the top mortgage brokers in Canada?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've heard True North Mortgage is usually ranked pretty high as far as annual transactions go, but haven't used them personally so can't speak to their customer service
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'd use these guys....

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyreyes
    Yes, I trust on mortgage pre-approval, last year I had applied for mortgage and went through this process.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's many large brokerages in Canada to choose from, but what's important is what the broker does for you. If they just take your application and get you a mortgage, you're getting the short end of the stick. A good mortgage broker will ask you questions about your finances, goals, etc. to ascertain how to best direct you to the best product.

Rate is only one part of the mortgage. Be careful about being rate driven. A point's difference in a rate is usually very minimal cost wise, but if you get into the wrong product, it can end up costing you thousands down the road.

Also the majority of people don't understand a lot of aspects of mortgage products. A good broker is an educator and no question is a dumb question. Besides that a good broker will stay in touch and have an open door policy so that at any time you can reach out to them with any questions.

Often an excellent way to find a good broker is to ask family or close friends. Failing that, your realtor may know one.
    bobbyreyes likes this.

Thread Information