User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Black Friday OR Boxing Day? Which one is your favourite?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I want to know what are your thoughts/comparison on sales on black friday and boxing day? Which day's sales are better in your opinion?
    last year we wanted to buy nintendo 3ds xl. It was on a very good sale combined with store promos etc. at some canadian retailer on black friday(dont exactly remember which store was it). But we decided to wait until boxing day but we didnt get any better deal or, i guess, even the same deal as black friday one. So now i am wondering which day is better for what type of products?

Any thought about it???
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by amira84; Mon, Nov 3rd, 2014 at 02:56 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Black Friday. The past three years the Boxing Day deals just haven't been good enough to entice me.
    amira84 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some thoughts...
    • Black Friday prices will be close to Boxing Day. If you see what you want... get it. Inventory may be gone by the time Boxing Day comes.
    • Black Friday is for "needs"... Boxing Day is for "wants".
    • there's also Cyber Monday and Boxing week
    • what about your RRSP?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I too am leaning towards black friday. I cant wait till boxing day to go for shopping. Lol.
    @xlxo : about your last question..... I am not thinking too much about RRSP,right now , i am sooo ready to start my shopping season.

(RRSP = registered retired savings program. Right?)
    mulock likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just remember the purpose of this forum..... RRSP should be ASAP, if savings are MIA then RIP.
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows...ID/2330344406/
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh yes. Our rrsp payments are regular. We dont miss any payments.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Black Friday is still an American thing, really. The deals here are mild compared to there. But it's better to get cheaper products before Xmas than after, you know? I'd rather shop for Xmas gifts all year for the best price and save them for when I need them
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Perhaps... but there's online shopping that has no borders.

Are you ready for "Cyber Monday"?
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No. We are not ready for cyber monday because i dont think we need anything to buy online. We are just looking for some tablets etc and walmart/target had some good sales last year. Hopefully we have better sales on black friday than boxing day because I WANT TO GO SHOPPING, lol.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with the majority....Black Friday deals are way better! AND Black Friday sales mean Cyber Monday deals! Online retailers like Amazon and most of my go-to shopping sites are already advertising them. Here's one I just came across: 55% off items at PinkBasis

Name:  AMICyber Monday.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  22.4 KB
    http://pinkbasis.com/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

online shopping has no borders, yes, but the low dollar and high shipping fees put up some really high fences
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    Perhaps... but there's online shopping that has no borders.

Are you ready for "Cyber Monday"?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    No. We are not ready for cyber monday because i dont think we need anything to buy online. We are just looking for some tablets etc and walmart/target had some good sales last year. Hopefully we have better sales on black friday than boxing day because I WANT TO GO SHOPPING, lol.
    Unless it's food or toiletries, I'm buying pretty much everything online now. Free shipping is easy to get if you save up your items until you reach the minimum. No need to beg DH to drive me, no need to fight people at the malls. I love it
    amira84 likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like both. Whether BLACK FRIDAY or BOXING DAY, it'll have many favorable activities. Last month, on BLACK FRIDAY, I found a pair of beautiful shoes. It has already 75% off at that time. I thought that larger discount was waiting for me on the coming BOXING DAY. So I didn't make an order at first. I just add it to the shopping cart.
    After Black Friday, it has been sold out when I checked. I felt upset.Seize the time to do what you want.
    amira84 and wolfedwin like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily369 View Post
    I like both. Whether BLACK FRIDAY or BOXING DAY, it'll have many favorable activities. Last month, on BLACK FRIDAY, I found a pair of beautiful shoes. It has already 75% off at that time. I thought that larger discount was waiting for me on the coming BOXING DAY. So I didn't make an order at first. I just add it to the shopping cart.
    After Black Friday, it has been sold out when I checked. I felt upset.Seize the time to do what you want.

Oh yeah that's true. Don't wait until it is sold out. A problem for people withhard to find shoe sizes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I found boxing day last year really disappointing at just 50 off most things, that is what most things were before Christmas. I hold out to later in January and February for the winter clearance. outfitted my whold son's back to school wardrobe at Boathouse and West 49 for 70%-90% off and tucked stuff away for sil for Chrismtas this year.
    Ciel, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information