• 2 Post By patpond
  • 3 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By Doda
  • 1 Post By jsmile

Thread: Electronic returns to SDM...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey now experts,

Managed to pick up an HP laptop during the last Super spend your points event, ... but ... it's not the correct one. I should have grabbed the Acer So, does anyone know if this can be exchanged? What's the deal? Do they give me back the points (95,000) and now I have to exchange them for $170? or will I still have the $210 credit?

I've heard SDM can be notorious for NO returns of electronics.

Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What you heard is right. They basically have a no return policy on electronics. It wouldn't hurt to call your local store and speak with the manager. I have heard of people who have been able to exchange electronic items but usually they don't allow it as far as I know. Good luck
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The policy is up to the store for the most part = official policy is NO return at all on electronics.

But like nash0109 said, some will allow returns - especially if the item has not been opened/used.

As far as the return goes - you would have to return it (no exchanges), and you would not get any points back. You get the value of your item back only.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You will get $210 back on giftcard, the balance is refund as your original payment method (cash/credit card).

I don't think you will have any trouble exchange unopened item (return and buy another one on the spot).

I have returned a Wii system and an Acer tablet without any problem. Good luck!
    Last edited by Decaf; Fri, Dec 12th, 2014 at 01:16 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, I returned a Speaker after a redemption and got back a gift card with the balance.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks ppl!

Looks like the best thing to do is give it a try! :D Will post the results.
    Anna Michele and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

What happens if the electronic you buy is not working? They still refuse the return cliaming it is final sale? That makes me scared as i bought some electronics for gifts this year at SDM.... What if they are faulty?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doda View Post
    What happens if the electronic you buy is not working? They still refuse the return cliaming it is final sale? That makes me scared as i bought some electronics for gifts this year at SDM.... What if they are faulty?
    It could be different in QC - I know you have consumer protection laws the other provinces don't.
    I'd try to return and see what happens. If they refuse, post a comment on their FB page, explaining the situation.

In general, you are supposed to contact the manufacturer FIRST - sometimes there is not an issue with the product, but the way the person is trying to use it. For example, I bought a mp3 player years ago that was supposed to hold 2GB, but was only holding 50MB. According to the instructions, I was supposed to contact the manufacturer BEFORE trying to return it to the store - so I sent off an email, and it turns out the player just needed to be formatted. It worked perfectly after that, and was not defective, so returning it would have been a waste.

If you bought brand name electronics (Samsung, Nintendo, Microsoft) I would not stress about things not working.
    Ciel, Doda and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you Luckbealady! So far I dont have an issue with the stuff, as it is all wrapped and waiting under the tree lol but I was stressing about it since i usually do not buy electronics at SDM...
    luckbealady likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i went to purchase a Nintendo Wii U and was told that store has a strict no return policy even if the product is unopenned, so check the policy before you make a purchase. EAch store has a different policy when it comes to electronics.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Thread Information