User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree620Likes

Thread: New Years Financial Resolution (post your resolution & updates)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Hey, all: I need to get serious about finances and I very much like the thought, the mood of this thread. So I'm going to jump in mid-year. I am a contractor so I do not have one employer but I am so unhappy that I need to leave them all and make a radical change in my direction. I don't want to saddle my terrific husband with more responsibility so I will be phasing clients out slowly and trying to pick up entirely different work, while counting every penny. This forum helps so-o-o much. I learn, I save, I feel welcome. I don't know how people here could be any better than they are. Heck, I even like everyone's flaws...like when someone forgets to bring their coupon holder to the grocery store and ends up beating herself up. I've done it myself...but, then, I realize how great it is for this to be my worst problem that day.

So...my financial goal is to start back with recording every cent that comes in and every cent that goes out. It really worked well when I did that last year but I got overwhelmed and I just didn't want to face anything unpleasant, like some of the bills that landed on our heads unexpectedly. I wanted to close my eyes (so to speak) and just pay them. But, starting tonight, I am cracking open the account books. Thanks gals and guys. Like I said...you're the best.
    @wendymac welcome to the thread

As they say it's never to late to start working on a plan/goal, etc, I think the hardest part in putting the plan into action but sounds like you will do extremely well as you have the proper mindset.

Wishing you all the best in your new financial resolution/goals
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm working on July's budet figures, DH gets an extra pay in July so we will get to put that extra pay towards a new savings account. Also waiting to see if I will actually receive the UCCB lump sum payment as they say time will tell (lol)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I had a bright idea for more savings yesterday but it didn't work out as planned. I called our car insurance company to find out how much I could save if I dropped my insurance as I don't feel safe driving as I am having health issues. A whopping savings of about $10.00 a year, needless to say I didn't cancel maybe I will get better.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I want to really tighten the purse strings too but it is summer and I don't want to pinch pennies either. Will keep at selling stuff and take cash from that jar so I can just blow it for fun (fries in the park, DW etc) But will keep at cleaning out the freezer and using up stuff we have already paid for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-what is DW?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hahaha!! I meant DQ ) Dairy Queen.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That I would have understood!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I had a bright idea for more savings yesterday but it didn't work out as planned. I called our car insurance company to find out how much I could save if I dropped my insurance as I don't feel safe driving as I am having health issues. A whopping savings of about $10.00 a year, needless to say I didn't cancel maybe I will get better.
    @macw1960 definitely not worth cancelling your insurance, hope you get better soon
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Working on July's budget figures hoping that I can make a substantial deposit in a new savings account. Also really hoping to get the UCCB back payment (fingers crossed) lol. Tomorrow is ds2's last day of school so with the back & forths to the cottage my posting items for sale has come to a hault, fingers crossed that I can post items and people can pickup when where at home. All the funds from items sold goes straight into the renovation account.
    macw1960 and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Working on July's budget figures hoping that I can make a substantial deposit in a new savings account. Also really hoping to get the UCCB back payment (fingers crossed) lol. Tomorrow is ds2's last day of school so with the back & forths to the cottage my posting items for sale has come to a hault, fingers crossed that I can post items and people can pickup when where at home. All the funds from items sold goes straight into the renovation account.
    How are the renovations going as I don't remember hearing about them for awhile?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

How are the renovations going as I don't remember hearing about them for awhile?
    we work on the reno's inside when it rains and on the outside ones when it's nice.

Many different ones on the go at the moment, the main one for the summer (outside) is putting a floor in our shed.

Also a few projects on the go at the cottage but really no expenses as we have the materials already ALSO the funds for items sold are put away for the winter (inside renos) THANKS FOR ASKING
    bobbiegirl2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

we work on the reno's inside when it rains and on the outside ones when it's nice.

Many different ones on the go at the moment, the main one for the summer (outside) is putting a floor in our shed.

Also a few projects on the go at the cottage but really no expenses as we have the materials already ALSO the funds for items sold are put away for the winter (inside renos) THANKS FOR ASKING

A floor in the shed is always good especially since it usually stops critter from burrowing in. We still have outside projects to finish before it gets too cold to do but it seems to be a slow process. We have some of the materials too and I am also using my SB's from Home Depot (US funds) which helps cut down costs.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

A floor in the shed is always good especially since it usually stops critter from burrowing in. We still have outside projects to finish before it gets too cold to do but it seems to be a slow process. We have some of the materials too and I am also using my SB's from Home Depot (US funds) which helps cut down costs.
    sounds like we are both on the same page now working on outside projects while the weather is nicer

So does Canadian home depot give you the conversion rates for the USD?
    macw1960 and bobbiegirl2010 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

sounds like we are both on the same page now working on outside projects while the weather is nicer

So does Canadian home depot give you the conversion rates for the USD?
    Yes they do so I get a little extra.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget. Should have a surplus to move forward for groceries and Misc. next period since I don't plan on spending much there. Have cash to spend for summer fun and tend to use that at farmers markets etc (can't wait to let DS get his kolbassa on our way to Wasaga Beach ) Hope to use up lots of freezer stuff the next 2 weeks.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information