User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: December 2015 Frugal Chatter thread - all welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Welcome to December 2015's frugal chatter thread

Where everyone is welcome,

sharing of tips & tricks to save $
    advice, etc
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Happy December, everyone!!! I just love Christmas, so I'm very excited for this month. I'll post later and catch up with you all soon!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Where did November go??????

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm not ready for December!! Guess you can't stop time for me for about a week?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last week I asked if we could push Christmas back 2 weeks but still go on Shut Down.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhhh so behind this year
    -managed to hit up 4 stores and gas station today on my morning rounds was back at 1.00 for hubby

-have been looking for ages for a hand held attachment for my laundry tub to wash your hair -yippee found it at bed bath and beyond mind you it was 24.99 but I had a 20% off coupon so saved 5.00 paid 22.59
    -they had one just for a bath tub that was 10.99 to wash tiny kids hair or pets

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are going to a Christmas party this weekend. (good friends/house party) Lots of food and drink! We are bringing potato skins(has been our thing the past few parties and everyone asks us to bring lol) (have the potatoes, cheese, bacon all on hand) Will go to No Frills tonight and grab a few extra Sour cream for $1. We prep them all at home ahead of time and put them on a cookie sheet and wrap tight in tinfoil. Then we just have to pop in the oven at party before we are ready to serve. We will bring a dip and crackers etc. Thinking maybe a spinach dip with the pumpernickel bread. I'm hungry already thinking about all the great food that will be there.
    What is your go to item to bring to house gatherings?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have some how become the dessert queen it seems like most people do not like to bake so I am always one to bring the goody tray.

Currently working on the menu for this year I usually am for 2 plated desserts and around 10 finger foods that can be put on trays for everyone to pick off.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ooooh! the new thread! There may be more " I spent " confessions in here this month from me than " I saved " , but we'll see how our family plows through the holidays. Still have not dug out our stockings yet, put stuff away all in different areas last year and having trouble recalling where they are. Watch, I'll find every other decoration and find them last!

Happy December 1st everyone!! ( well, you know I mean tomorrow )

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ooooh! the new thread! There may be more " I spent " confessions in here this month from me than " I saved " , but we'll see how our family plows through the holidays. Still have not dug out our stockings yet, put stuff away all in different areas last year and having trouble recalling where they are. Watch, I'll find every other decoration and find them last!

Happy December 1st everyone!! ( well, you know I mean tomorrow )
    I told DS that we would put up the tree tomorrow night so I will be digging for stuff too! Pretty sure it is where I think it all is in Rubbermaid bins but sometimes I find Christmas stuff shoved in the laundry room lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner plan for the week. Anyone have their menu ready? I have leftover pasta from last night and sauce but don't think DS "loved" it so will make that a small side and think of something else to serve with it. Hmmmm. Maybe meatballs (homemade and ready in the freezer to pop in the oven) with perogies (saw half a bag in freezer) then it is 2 more items out of my freezer. Will serve with canned corn and whip up a ceaser salad since both kids like that. Ok so I am set for tomorrow night, will plan the rest of the week tonight

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I finally rec'd the parcel or order from hell from US for my ds1....geez...I've regretted this order from the time the order was place $47 USD came to $64 CDN...geez....ANYWAYS IT arrive around 5pm today and is wrapped.

We have a budget and I don't know how I am feeling that with the exchange rate ds1's gift mentioned above came to $64, I guess it is what it is, right???? he really really wanted these 2 items which are related to an online game called Destiny which he is obsessed with, I know he will be happy he got the stuff but definitely did not figure in the exchange rate, etc....

Any suggestions????

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well jasper if it was a gift much needed then I wouldn't worry
    -would you believe I have never on lined shopped -never and I don't plan to in the near future

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

subscribing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well jasper if it was a gift much needed then I wouldn't worry
    -would you believe I have never on lined shopped -never and I don't plan to in the near future
    I love online shopping I started when I first was diagnosed with OCD (for driving) back in 2006...geez....where has the time gone????

Most of my shopping is online, many items are so much cheaper especially when it comes to expensive video games, headsets and movies (dvds, blu rays) etc.

The cheapest place to buy movies online is either Ebay or Amazon.ca depending but this year mainly on Amazon.ca

And I will admit I hate crowds so it works for me, gets dropped off at the house or the community mailbox (parcel drop offs) AND I love it....

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information