User Tag List

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2525Likes

Thread: December 2015 Frugal Chatter thread - all welcome!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Just finished the cranberry salad I`m taking to the ladies Christmas dinner at the church tonight.
    @SassyAshley Hope you`re feeling better. I had a bug last week...hung on for about 5 days.
    @saundyl That`s a long haul. Hope all goes according to schedule.
    I hope so too. Praying he doesn't decide to over do things

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Only 1 more Amazon order to go and I am done my holiday prep. I need everything wrapped and ready by next Friday. We are then gone until December 26th. I promised the boys we will do stockings that night so we are pushing Christmas back a day. Wearing flip flops on Christmas day makes the business worth it
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I also received donations from an individual and a professional photographer last night. I'll be busy making more phone calls in the morning while dh helps with our children before he heads off to work for the day.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Day, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!!! Another work lunch today so busting my butt off this morning! Tis the season! Tonight I hope to get a bit of tidying done around the house. Laundry for sure and clean the bathrooms and entrance. Have a gift ready to pick up at the Source so will have to pop out and get that in the next few days.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I booked another meeting for dh this morning. I've folded 3 loads of laundry and have one more waiting to be folded. I brought in boxes of clothes for both of our boys to move up into the next size. I just finished baby boy's. Going to wash a bunch of clothes for our 3yr old next.

Still need to clean house and plan supper. We don't have snow and today is supposed to be fairly warm, so I'm hoping to have the kids out in the yard with me while I clean up the yard. We'll see what else I accomplish while dh is at work.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I booked another meeting for dh this morning. I've folded 3 loads of laundry and have one more waiting to be folded. I brought in boxes of clothes for both of our boys to move up into the next size. I just finished baby boy's. Going to wash a bunch of clothes for our 3yr old next.

Still need to clean house and plan supper. We don't have snow and today is supposed to be fairly warm, so I'm hoping to have the kids out in the yard with me while I clean up the yard. We'll see what else I accomplish while dh is at work.
    We are snowless too and actually had sun this morning! Enjoy the day outside!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We`re off to the funeral home this afternoon. Really dreading it.

Had a good time at the ladies Christmas party last night. I won an amaryllis...Red Lion. A friend gave me a Minerva for Christmas so need to get them both planted.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Crochetlady, I wish you grace and peace as you go through this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Crochetlady, I wish you grace and peace as you go through this.
    Thank you Nat. It will be needed.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady I know it's not something you are looking forward nobody does) to BUT perhaps look at it as a celebration of his life and may you remember him fondly now and forever, hugs to you and your dh and your neighbours family

Thinking of you today as you remember him fondly.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So this year instead of the kids writing out list, I created a facebook page for each boy (12 soon to be 13 & 15) so that I could add items and delete as purchased.

All was going well until about 3 weeks ago when MIL went with her 1 week old list and purchased items which I made her return as she did not follow or check on the list which is updated as thing are purchased. I'm mean it's the inlaws, me, santa & my parents (whom I shopping for). Anyways she returned those items as my purchases for the same items were already in transit for delivery.

Anyways she posted on my youngests facebook page today....Only 2 weeks to go and I need more options....It's not my fault she doesn't want to purchase the 2 dvds that are on his list or the other item which is a tablet.

I'm quite pissed off as there were many more items on the list ALONG THE WAY including 3 weeks ago when she returned her gifts that were already purchased.

Anyways I have an option which I can present but I really don't feel like easy the burden for her as she pulls this sh*t all the time. I know that is not the Christmas spirit but seriously she is trying to blame a child for not wanting to put things on his list he doesn't want>>>>>>grrr....

Any suggestions, my son if given $ for Christmas will not spend it and it not of the age to really want gcs for specific store as he doesn't have a lot of interests.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Been busy again (maybe life will slow down in Jan?). Spent the weekend with my Mom - she didn't want a party, so we celebrated her 80th b-day on Fri with dinner at the Keg. Then she spent the rest of the weekend cooking up a storm (all my favs!) and sent me home with food to last the week. She still has more energy than I had at 20!

Friends have been coming by to explore the Xmas Market. My camera (actually, it's the battery) is acting wonky, so haven't had a chance to take pics. Good thing I have another week left to try to find a camera that works (5 cameras between my friends & myself & none are behaving! Sigh). A bit disappointed that this year, fewer samples are being given out (I want my free Merci chocolates, waaah ).

Better get going - have to bake some cookies to take over to a neighbour's later. Then, it's back to organizing the closet (& getting out the winter clothes & packing up the summer stuff, sigh). I still have to finish decorating the place and put up the Xmas tree forest (only 1 tree done so far, another dozen or so to go - good thing the tallest one is only 2 ft tall!).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady I know it's not something you are looking forward nobody does) to BUT perhaps look at it as a celebration of his life and may you remember him fondly now and forever, hugs to you and your dh and your neighbours family

Thinking of you today as you remember him fondly.
    Thanks Nancy. Just got back. Visitation started at 2:00 so we thought we`d go a little early. The parking lot was already full and only a couple spots left on the street. It will be a long day for the family. Doug drove a school bus for 25 years and the kids loved him so I`m sure a lot of those kids will be there too.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit nice to be spoilt and I'm with you in regards to moms, mine is 68 and is gogogo she makes me tired just listening to what she's done that day. Also she is diabetic and has had a triple bi-pass (3 years ago). I wish I had a fraction of her energy.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information