User Tag List

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Where in Kamloops are people having success in getting overages? I'm not even talking about the big ones LOL For example I bought an item that totalled $4.98 but had a coupon for $5.00--I was told three times in the last few weeks by LD, Zellers and Walmart that the coupon value was over the amount of the item and I couldn't use the coupon..I thought they would adjust it at the very least but I was straight out denied--Sad Sigh Maybe I'm just getting the wrong cashiers or are we in the no overage zone?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Walmart, Zellers

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

LD no longer gives overage towards tax for stackers. Zellers SHOULD be because their policy states the overage can go towards the purchase but not as cash back but they're probably not doing it because THEY SUCK, and walmart is yes overage is ok. Ask for a csm.

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ThaNks Chantal
    Walmart has done it several times..lol buggers lol
    wonder what Target's policy will!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Fingers crossed they bring their US policies and store coupons with them!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    80 (100%)

walmart should give you the overage in their policy it states that they will even give it to you as cash!!!! do you take a copy of their policy in with you when you shop?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've about had it with cashiers and csm's making their own rules, so I'm going to bring the coupon policies with me from now on.

They really should have training for coupons and stick to a policy because it seems like it depends on their mood whether they want to or not, and I'm talking at all stores, and not just about overages, but for coupons in general. It's not rocket science, lol.

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I don't carry copies of the store policies with me--Maybe I should...
    I never challenge the cashiers tho--I'm the meak, shy girl that politley says "Ok put it back.." if they really wont give a small penny or two overage (Happened multiple times at Walmart)
    I guess I have to be more agressive but I'm not a confronatational girl and I'm not crazy about the looks I'd get when I hold up the line arguing with the policies the cashiers should know and apply LOL
    Thanks girls!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

the trick, if you can call it that, to getting the overage at walmart is to have another item that they can put the overage towards. For example, you have a coupon for $1 off ziploc and they are on at Walmart for 98 cents. Grab a ziploc and some other item, let's say a chocolate bar, they will ring in the coupon as $1 off, so you'll get the ziploc for free and two cents off the chocolate bar.

They are supposed to, or they used to, give you the two cents back, but all of this varies on the cashier or csm's mood or knowledge or etc. They are not trained all the same and everyone makes their own rules (I've heard one of the csm's say "I don't feel like it today" to one of their coworkers about a customer ahead of me, so they don't always do what they're supposed to if they're in a bad mood and whatnot).

When I'm doing coupons, I get tunnel vision and completely ignore the mood of the other customers. There are other lines for them to go to and I visibly have the stack of coupons in my hand, so they know it's going to take time standing behind me, lol. Then, I get to the cashier hold them out for her to see and say I have a bunch of coupons to go with the first half of my stuff.
    Last edited by Imasmartcanuck; Mon, Oct 17th, 2011 at 04:00 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    80 (100%)

you to have to be agresive but in my next envy to you I can send you a copy of the policy if tyou like LOL

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

"I don't feel like it today"? Nice! The manners of people!
    Lol LeAnne I think i'll try to be more agressive..stare them down lol

Thread Information