User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree295Likes

Thread: Sunday 8 a.m. - You know you are a nutter when the manager is waiting for you.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    A gift bag for a bicycle... I had no idea such a thing existed...

Great shop, Patty
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Not sure how we will use them but I am sure we will find a way.
    I picked up some of the bicycle gift bags last year at Target's 90% clearance. We actually used one for a bike but we've also used them on other extra-large gifts. Those bags are massive!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

You make me smile Thanks for showing all the pics. What a great haul and a great donation. You are so wonderful to the school.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amaaaaazing! Our Target cleared out stock at 70% so I only got a few things and they never had the trees. One thing I'd like to know is how did you 1st approach your school when you 1st started donating? We have a brand new school and my daughter just started Kindergarten this year and while they need a lot if things they just keep asking for money - I've approached them about making lists of things they need instead so people can donate in kind but they are really resistant to it!
    Patty Smyth and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    Amaaaaazing! Our Target cleared out stock at 70% so I only got a few things and they never had the trees. One thing I'd like to know is how did you 1st approach your school when you 1st started donating? We have a brand new school and my daughter just started Kindergarten this year and while they need a lot if things they just keep asking for money - I've approached them about making lists of things they need instead so people can donate in kind but they are really resistant to it!
    I guess since I have been volunteering at school for about 12 years I have come to know what schools need so it is just second nature now. With my DD's school I just ask the principal. I also make suggestions and if it's o.k. I just buy the stuff. I am on the parents committee and governing board also so we meet regularly and discuss the needs of the school.

I must admit though that the trees were a surprise to them. I did not tell them so I guess I was kind of taking a chance but it's all good now . I figured if I cold get them at that price it would be a once in a lifetime shot because you never know what will be available from year to year at xmas clearances.

I think they do think I am a bit nuts though but in a good way.

It's funny that you say they are resistant to making lists. I find the same thing. I think people are afraid to ask. I have to say though that everything I bought they really seem to appreciate and it's all getting used.

You can always just send stuff in and see what happens. I think it's safe to say all teachers need stickers. Dollarama has a great selection of those.

For kindergarten crayons, construction paper, washable markers. I know that most kids have this stuff and it's part of the supply list but it's amazing how many families are in need and sometimes kids don't always have the supplies.

Personally I try to keep my donations anonymous although it was kind of hard to sneak in those big trees. I usually wait until the bell rings and all the kids are in classrooms and parents are gone. My daughter is sworn to secrecy too

Good luck I hope you can work something out.

eta
    Just wanted to add most of the classrooms at her school have reading corners. Some have little bookcases but that is an item that can be donated too, also the foam mats, maybe some pillows for the kids to lean on and of course books as well.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Tue, Jan 13th, 2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: eta

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

it's wonderful how you're helping the school!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Wow, you are amazing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Patty-I am so sorry for you to hear that Target is closing! You will be in serious withdrawal mode-I have rarely shopped there but there may be some nice deals to be had as they liquidate! I am sure you will be the first to let us know.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Third Mike & Ike fan here to say "Way to shop, Patty!" Please praise that manager on the receipt survey site and maybe get a Starbucks treat/bevvie for him too? Definitely think about which stores in your area need someone like him!
    Patty Smyth and annedougherty like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information