User Tag List

Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree2503Likes

Thread: Target leaving Canada!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lessismore_MTL View Post
    That happened to me and they did an adjustment. At first she told me she can't, I told her that no thanks, I don't want it, then she said, wait, let me do something and she put it as a price not scanning and plugged in the price she got from her hand held scanner instead.
    i went back the next day it the lower price came up at the register. Weird but good for me!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

also, I got a word from a friend that the Pointe-Claire store was full of boxes today (new shipment). Hopefully some new stuff, not just duplicates , perhaps I will go check it out after all.
    SillyLoocie likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went into the closest store here in Calgary and the shelves were basically empty. I saw the headlines about people complaining about a lack of good deals, but they must have been decent as most items were gone. I did hear Apple products were 5% off and there was plenty of them to choose from
    anisa and SillyLoocie like this.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It is disheartening that Target was way off the mark coming into Canada. Wow all those stores will soon be empty. Employees will have the monumental task of looking for another job. (My son is included in that list.) you get used to life being a certain way & having the dignity of employment is not so much to ask. All those stores that they renovated, what can we expect to become of them?

They say that the fallout from such a grand scale event can cause symptoms of PTSD to occur as the shell shock will set in & then the hard part starts.... Finding another job! I wish them all luck.

i didn't shop much in Target, I found the Walkie Talkies kind of annoying.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Employees will have the monumental task of looking for another job. (My son is included in that list.)

i didn't shop much in Target, I found the Walkie Talkies kind of annoying.
    Your son thanks you.

Ron.
    SillyLoocie and hijinx25 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Of course lol

One of the former Zellers employees who worked there for 20+ years told me the Target takeover rumors started 20 years ago but they never pursued it. Imagine if they had come into Canada before Walmart? They might very well have been the ones who dominate the market, if they had stuck with their original model. Interesting how things worked out. Loblaws did the same thing here in Quebec. They were in here in the 70's then pulled out and came back in now they are pulling out again.
    This just makes me ponder, and then I get sad for the "what ifs"
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by generalB1B View Post
    Once again, go to change.org and sign the petitions to SAVE TARGET in CANADA!!!
    The petitions are:
    1. https://www.change.org/p/ceo-target-...sored_donation
    2. https://www.change.org/p/target-cana...e-target-canad

It is strongly rumoured that Walmart will raise their prices by 10-30% on everything when Target leaves (see message #5016 in this thread). Do you want that? If not, SIGN THE PETITIONS!!!
    I did signed the petitions awhile ago, thanks General. It pretty much feels like throwing your pennies into a wishing well though.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by generalB1B View Post

It is strongly rumoured that Walmart will raise their prices by 10-30% on everything when Target leaves. Do you want that?
    Yes?

Until a few weeks ago, Walmartians weren't shopping at Target. Outside of a few locations maybe, Target had failed to be a serious competitor for Walmart. Walmart's actual competitors will still be around after Target is gone.

Anyway, keeping Walmart's prices from rising seems like a strange reason for wanting Target to stay in Canada. Keep Walmart Cheap! Save Target!
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have said it before, and this article seems to say the same.
    Target and it's investors are glad to be rid of us.

"Target is looking to finally shake off some of its recent woes and put up a solid year of growth. Analysts seem to agree with this sentiment too as we have seen strong earnings estimate revision activity following the closing of the Target Canada division suggesting that those following the company the closest like TGT's prospects for 2015"

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/bull-o...e-day-cm441730
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    Yes?

Until a few weeks ago, Walmartians weren't shopping at Target. Outside of a few locations maybe, Target had failed to be a serious competitor for Walmart. Walmart's actual competitors will still be around after Target is gone.

Anyway, keeping Walmart's prices from rising seems like a strange reason for wanting Target to stay in Canada. Keep Walmart Cheap! Save Target!
    Walmart is not cheap. their closest competitors have the same pricing as them, many times even cheaper than walmart.

I havent shopped at walmart in 5-6 yrs, and the majority of target's customers seem to be ppl who were also not regular walmart shoppers.

In smaller towns with less competition perhaps it is a dif. story. My condolences if you are in that position.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I drove by my store this morning, no price changes from last week still up to 30%

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

The rumors started 20 years ago? Well according to my own mother who was employed for 30+ years zellers took over from towers on April 1, 1990 - so not sure how there could be 20 years of rumours of yet another brand takeover.

I am not sure why the huge concern over target employess losing jobs - yes it sucks but NO they were not lifelong employees of Target. What's even more interesting is the lifelong employess of zellers being put out of a job due to buyout and then that same company only sticking around for 2 years..

Target employees getting 16 weeks should start the car and run away with that money - as compared to the what 2 weeks they are entitled to by law?

BTW - zellers did not provide anything extra..

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Of course lol

One of the former Zellers employees who worked there for 20+ years told me the Target takeover rumors started 20 years ago but they never pursued it. Imagine if they had come into Canada before Walmart? They might very well have been the ones who dominate the market, if they had stuck with their original model. Interesting how things worked out. Loblaws did the same thing here in Quebec. They were in here in the 70's then pulled out and came back in now they are pulling out again.
    Last edited by LisaLisaBoBisa; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Your son thanks you.

Ron.
    Hilarious. Target is just sticking it to Canadians before they pull of that anchor and leave. Apparently they are bringing in more stock. Whatever they don't sell goes back to the States and sold at proper prices.

There is also a rumour that the Target employee discounts have been removed. Sad sad state of affairs.

We as Canadians should not reward this type of nonsense. Send them packing and thumb your nose at these cruddy liquidation discounts.

If you want walmart / dollarstores don't support anyone else!!!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    Hilarious. Target is just sticking it to Canadians before they pull of that anchor and leave. Apparently they are bringing in more stock. Whatever they don't sell goes back to the States and sold at proper prices.

There is also a rumour that the Target employee discounts have been removed. Sad sad state of affairs.

We as Canadians should not reward this type of nonsense. Send them packing and thumb your nose at these cruddy liquidation discounts.

If you want walmart / dollarstores don't support anyone else!!!
    That rumor is true. No employee discounts anymore.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

...and I see we are back to blaming Target for the loss of Zellers jobs. lmao
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Silk and 5 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information