User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: It pays to check receipts!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I went shopping in 3 stores yesterday. The first store overcharged me 2.81 which I caught right away. The second store charged me 21.99 for a lb. of butter. Yes you read that right!!! Didn't catch this one until I got home. So they owe me 19.00 as I was pming butter for 2.99. I will be heading back to the store today.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    macw1960, Paapu, Shwa Girl and 8 others like this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How does that happen with scanners. Good thing you checked.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, that's pretty expensive butter, lol. I would be heading back to the store first thing this morning as well.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    How does that happen with scanners. Good thing you checked.
    I was pricematching it for 2.99. So human error!
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Good for you for checking the receipt, I do all the time and I too catch some big mistake and if I do not check I would be loosing lots of money because there is lots of mistake at the cash. It is because they go to fast sometimes. Thank you for sharing..................

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good grief! Glad you checked over those receipts. Sometimes we can be oblivious to the actual OOP on the final tally as we are at the checkout, especially on a large order or when we pay with a card ( when we are not taking the actual cash from our wallet ) but I've had that moment in the parking lot or just inside before I leave when I'm doing a quick look over of the items and go
    " hey! why is this bill so high? " lol

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I really have to start checking. I probably would catch the butter one because I usually have an approximate total in my head. I doubt I'd ever catch the smaller amount because I'd just assume I'd added wrong. Good catch!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes I have learned to check the receipt before I leave the store-takes only a minute or two to check and it can be quickly fixed right then and there. Nothing more annoying than having to run back! I find sometimes the cashiers are scanning it through while you are unloading or going too fast or you can't see the prices as they ring in.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Good thing to remember checking receipts before leaving. For me cashier charged $1.98 for bottled water which is $1.33 this week. Customer Service said they were sorry that cashier might have confuse with 24 pk instead of 18 pk.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Sort of happened to me this morning. Was already out the door when I happened to glance at receipt and saw I was charged twice for something so I hurried back in and told cashier who referred me to customer service. I would have caught it at the till if I was not distracted by DH talking to me while bagging stuff. I usually look at the monitor while items are rung in.
    Last edited by Grey; Sun, Mar 8th, 2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So they owe you all the money back for the butter .. The butter wrang up wrong scop!!!
    wamme
    innisfil ontario

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Did you get the scanning code thingy?

On side note, if store makes thing up and refuses to follow, have anyone of you ever made any complaint and where? If so, any resolution was done or was like 'thank you blah blah'. Did you ever get your money back?

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

My goodness!! That is crazy!!! Before DH would stand at the most stupid place, blocking everyone and check the receipt he handled all purchases and I would stand or walk a great distance and wait for him not to be seen associated with this rude, ignorant man checking his receipt. Since I started couponing and especially if you use any way than cash, it is easy to by-pass those charges. NOW... I watch the till, speak with cashier to explain the scenario (PM or coupon), answer quickly DH questions (distractions) and when we get back to the car I check the receipt while still in the parking lot with items. Soooooooo many errors happen and it is not a matter of Ahah!!! Gotcha!!!! it's a matter of your money going out of your pocket, bank account, charge-card with interest, the money we work so hard for, pension money if you are self employed, rent, insurance or babysitting. No more shame, like my husband does just don't stand in the way of everyone to do it DH!!!!! We coupon to save money, why should we not take the time to check our receipts to make sure someone else is handling my money, computer of in person. It happens.

Good thing you caught that and another awesome reminder because you never know who and when someone will be reading this and this time it will click and we will start doing it. Thanks for sharing so much.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Did you get the scanning code thingy?

On side note, if store makes thing up and refuses to follow, have anyone of you ever made any complaint and where? If so, any resolution was done or was like 'thank you blah blah'. Did you ever get your money back?
    Yes I got my money back this afternoon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Those amounts can really add up--good job on catching it and good reminder for us all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information