User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Fresh Co (ON) March 12 - 18

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

First of all thank you cynn for posting !!

does anyone buy asparagus regularly? I never buy it, but I had some at Kelsey's yesterday with other grilled veggies and man was it tasty! I am curious if $1.97 a lb is a sale? Seems high to me.
    toronto166 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Love those patties !

Can't go wrong for 50 cents a patties ..The butter chicken patties are unique

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

does anyone buy asparagus regularly? I never buy it, but I had some at Kelsey's yesterday with other grilled veggies and man was it tasty! I am curious if $1.97 a lb is a sale? Seems high to me.
    This is a good price but also a normal one when asparagus is in season. Some stores sell it upwards of $3.99/lb. I can't recall seeing it less than $1.99/lb.

And it's very easy to cook! I just heat up some olive oil in a grill pan then toss them in until they soften a bit and i salt them very lighlty and even add a bit of black pepper and fresh lemon juice.
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thank you!
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yes its a good price..and its a sale price.

But be careful they are usually quite heavy , so even a small bunch becomes quite expensive, when they weigh it. Also make sure you go for fresh ones, once they become ripe/old the stems become quite hard , almost like small bamboos & you end up cutting the lower portion & throwing it away & wasting lot of them.
    walkonby, toronto166 and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yes its a good price..and its a sale price.

But be careful they are usually quite heavy , so even a small bunch becomes quite expensive, when they weigh it. Also make sure you go for fresh ones, once they become ripe/old the stems become quite hard , almost like small bamboos & you end up cutting the lower portion & throwing it away & wasting lot of them.
    Thank you tjthemanto! I did buy one bunch and they were very slender and my DH ( Mr. Know-It-All ) tells me these are " female " asparagus. ( apparently the thicker ones are male and are not as tasty. They were delicious and tender and once I saw on a cooking show that you are to bend from the top and where it naturally snaps is only the part you should eat. I am getting another bunch before this sale ends, this one will be done by tomorrow, yummy!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you tjthemanto! I did buy one bunch and they were very slender and my DH ( Mr. Know-It-All ) tells me these are " female " asparagus. ( apparently the thicker ones are male and are not as tasty. They were delicious and tender and once I saw on a cooking show that you are to bend from the top and where it naturally snaps is only the part you should eat. I am getting another bunch before this sale ends, this one will be done by tomorrow, yummy!
    Spot on walkonby!! The thinner the asparagus, the more tender they are. I never, ever buy thick asparagus. They tend to be on the hard side. $1.97lb. is a great price at this time of year. We buy them every weekend. I love asparagus frittata's. DH can't stop eating them or I bake them in the oven on a cookie sheet...sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and then with 5 minutes remaining, I sprinkle parmesan cheese all over them.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great thread mate!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thank you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I once had WHITE asparagus it was really good .

I wonder if you can grow Asparagus in your garden/backyard in spring/summer/fall ..in Canada..and whether its easy or not .

If so that's the only thing I will plant this spring..he he . Apparently they are perennial , so they will grow each year
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Thank you
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information