User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Future Shop - Closed Accoss Canada

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Yay, ours will be re-opening as a Best Buy - I hope all the employees will keep their jobs! They had just built a new store here in the last couple of years.
    i don't think a new store will stop them from closing sadly... they built a brand new store in a brand new mall and best buy was open for maybe 6 months before it closed down, future shop stayed open now the future shop is being transitioned to a best buy.. took 2yrs for that spot to finally be filled with something else
    ROMEO likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is very sad to hear another company is closing its doors. However, I don't remember the last time I went to FS or BB. But I did purchased a few things from them online. It was never available in my local stores.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best Buy is better, for the company it's more simple branding, and they can focus better not worrying about price matching..
    hijinx25 likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

i got so panicky because I have gift cards for like $200 but it says I can still use them at bestbuy

was kinda excited for a quick shopping spree but ill save it for something i really need!
    JDI007 likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People should boycott Bestbuy and let them burn. Shop online and save yourself some money (amazon etc.) These companies can't keep treating Canadian jobs like an after thought. How are people going to purchase your products with NO JOB??!
    walkonby likes this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    People should boycott Bestbuy and let them burn. Shop online and save yourself some money (amazon etc.) These companies can't keep treating Canadian jobs like an after thought. How are people going to purchase your products with NO JOB??!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm going to make a point of using London Drugs for electronics before I go to Best Buy. I feel sorry for all the people who have lost their jobs. In Kelowna Future Shop and Target are on the same strip mall. With the largest stores on either end of the mall closed, I bet it affects traffic to the other stores that are located between them.
    hijinx25 likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really hope that we can get a BB converted from our FS store, because the nearest BB is quite far up the mountain for me and I don't like to go there, I'd like to combine my gift cards from FS at least../ could you also combine FS gift cards WITH BB gift cards? anyone know?..I would hope so..
    I'm gonna miss FS!
    Last edited by JDI007; Mon, Mar 30th, 2015 at 07:49 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Sadly ..Amazon is not any better. They treat their workers in their distribution centre in Canada like crap & pay them really low wages & pressurise them BIG time to meet some un attainable numbers & targets.

They have to pick , receive,ship & package certain number of products & packages ( a ridiculous number ) every minute. They get berated & harassed at every opportunity they get..very little pay & horrible working conditions

With competition gone from BB , Traget etc ..Amazon , WM etc are free to jack up their prices even more & treat their workers like more crap

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    Stocks and prices in both stores are basically the same. However, there's huge difference in customer service - Future Shop's staff are commissioned while those at BB are not. So people prefer to shop at BB due to the no stress shopping environment. I can imagine FS didn't have enough business to survive.
    pretty much! i went into future shop to price out and pick out a new camera for christmas and bring him the info so he could just walk in and buy it.. when i made mention to that yes it's a gift (when they asked) for me and my hubby would pick it up she pretty much walked away from me like i wasn't worth her time... in the end i went to london drugs and my little $150ish budget camera ended up turning into a $350 camera due to great customer service (and no regret even though it was more then double the budget)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think i am missing something! If we boycott best buy, no one is going to shop there then what will happen? They will decide to close down best buy in Canada. Right? This will result in more job losses.....Canadians loosing jobs again! So i don't think that boycotting a company is going to do something better for us or other Canadians.
    but that's just my opinion. I don't know about these economics!
    Last edited by amira84; Tue, Mar 31st, 2015 at 02:49 AM.
    jsmile and Midnightly like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MapleLeaves View Post
    Stocks and prices in both stores are basically the same. However, there's huge difference in customer service - Future Shop's staff are commissioned while those at BB are not. So people prefer to shop at BB due to the no stress shopping environment. I can imagine FS didn't have enough business to survive.
    I found the opposite in customer service. The BB staff don't care, its hard to get someone to help you and when asking the diff between 2 models the just shrug & point at the box.
    The FS staff know their products. Sure they want a sale but I am quite capable of walking away from a sale. I would prefer to buy the right product for my needs & I have been looking at one product and FS staff pointed out a cheaper product from another brand with better specs. Guaranteed I went back to that sales person again.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I think i am missing something! If we boycott best buy, no one is going to shop there then what will happen? They will decide to close down best buy in Canada. Right? This will result in more job losses.....Canadians loosing jobs again! So i don't think that boycotting a company is going to do something better for us or other Canadians.
    but that's just my opinion. I don't know about these economics!
    I agree with you, boycotting usually does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I found the opposite in customer service. The BB staff don't care, its hard to get someone to help you and when asking the diff between 2 models the just shrug & point at the box.
    The FS staff know their products. Sure they want a sale but I am quite capable of walking away from a sale. I would prefer to buy the right product for my needs & I have been looking at one product and FS staff pointed out a cheaper product from another brand with better specs. Guaranteed I went back to that sales person again.
    I found the same as you, always preferred FS to BB. FS employees were on commission, BB not.

Like Midnightly, luckily we have LD as a very good option, as well.
    walkonby likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I agree with you, boycotting usually does not work.

I found the same as you, always preferred FS to BB. FS employees were on commission, BB not.

Like Midnightly, luckily we have LD as a very good option, as well.
    I think someone should start a petition against bestbuy and pick a random month and encourage people not shop there to show our displeasure. I haven't been to bestbuy in months and won't be in there EVER again.

Then maybe pick another month and have a mass cancellation of bestbuy points memberships.

I know if I were a futureshop castoff I would be out front of bestbuy with a sign and telling shoppers to shop someone else and provide bestbuy customers with information on how they were treated on the final day at work.

I am fed up with way these large and very rich corporations treat their employees and think nothing of it. 1500 people are out of work, oh well... our profit margins just went up 2%.

Are we really going to get the stage where everyone is unemployed and working 2-3 jobs at minimum wage just to live??? :I

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unsubscribe from futureshop/bestbuy emails. It is a small but powerful statement to this company.

>>

We’re excited to welcome you to the Best Buy brand.

As a valued email subscriber, you’ll continue to receive emails from Best Buy to keep you up to date on the hottest deals, newest products, exclusive offers and more.

Have a Future Shop gift card?
    You’re welcome to use it at any Best Buy store or at BestBuy.ca

Have a Future Shop warranty or Geek Squad Protection Plan?
    Best Buy will honour these in full.

Have Future Shop merchandise you want to return or exchange?
    Best Buy stores will gladly accept these returns and exchanges.*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information