User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Future Shop - Closed Accoss Canada

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Are some of the stores ( I think 65 ) which are going to be rebranded as BB , opening as BB this coming Saturday or Sunday ?

I remember them saying that they will do that in a week .

Do they even have a list somewhere about which will be permanently closed & which will be rebranded as BB ? The stores next to each other are gone for sure.

Even with some BB & FS close to each other , the FS location sometimes has a better location/parking/mall lot than the closeby BB one.

So maybe they can close the badly located BB store , and take the good location of the closeby FS store & convert that better FS store into a BB .
    JDI007 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Are some of the stores ( I think 65 ) which are going to be rebranded as BB , opening as BB this coming Saturday or Sunday ?

Do they even have a list somewhere about which will be permanently closed & which will be rebranded as BB ? The stores next to each other are gone for sure.

Even with some BB & FS close to each other , the FS location sometimes has a better location/parking/mall lot than the closeby BB one.

So maybe they can close the badly located BB store , and take the good location of the closeby FS store & convert that better FS store into a BB .
    Go to the Best Buy website, use store locator, put in the city or area your wondering about. If it has changed and is now a BestBuy, the store will now be listed as a BestBuy.
    tjthemanto and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Some were April 4 in the photos I saw on twitter but some were 2 months, probably older ones they are refreshing while they have to close anyway
    JDI007 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Futureshop in Niagara Falls is remaining closed and not turing into a bestbuy....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by teeder View Post
    Futureshop in Niagara Falls is remaining closed and not turing into a bestbuy....
    Yeah about 50 % are permanently closed and only the other 50 % are being converted into a BB .

Now the loonie is weak , but I bet before that people who lived in Niagara Falls probably just used to shop across the border for Big Ticket electronics..even with duties etc they probably came out ahead .

And after the exemptions were increased , it probably became easier .
    LunchLady likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if BB is taking them over will they be purchasing all the assets, computers etc. too?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"Yeah about 50 % are permanently closed and only the other 50 % are being converted into a BB .

Now the loonie is weak , but I bet before that people who lived in Niagara Falls probably just used to shop across the border for Big Ticket electronics..even with duties etc they probably came out ahead .
    And after the exemptions were increased , it probably became easier .[/QUOTE"

Not at all~~There is not much difference in the price of electronics between the 2 countries and with the almost 30% exchange and duties etc, it does not pay to go to the States at all any more.
    Last edited by LunchLady; Sun, Apr 5th, 2015 at 03:06 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    if BB is taking them over will they be purchasing all the assets, computers etc. too?
    Best Buy has owned FS since 2001 already.
    Midnightly and seylz_gurl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LunchLady View Post

Not at all~~There is not much difference in the price of electronics between the 2 countries and with the almost 30% exchange and duties etc, it does not pay to go to the States at all any more.
    I meant before , when the loonie was stronger..people in border towns were doing it.

Now that its weak people in border towns are not doing it anymore.
    Colsgirl and LunchLady like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

This thread seems to be in the wrong section as it's just a discussion there are no deals to be had. I was looking for a deal on a Sonos speaker but it doesn't seem Futureshop is discounting anything. Maybe the mods can move the thread to discussing deals thread as this isn't about a deal. No disrespect intended at all just a little misleading.
    plc and walkonby like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I meant before , when the loonie was stronger..people in border towns were doing it.

Now that its weak people in border towns are not doing it anymore.
    Yeah a couple years ago the loonie was above the US dollar... electronics were good deals on black friday. Also you can grab some good deals on TVs at Sams Club... Vizio was a decent name and brand you could get in the USA but not much in Canada. Now Vizio is here but overall the electronics pricing was pretty close to canada. Real reason, and lets not kid ourselves, to go over is to get BEER and gas for your vehicle. And of course grab a pie and some wings while you were there it's top notch compared to anything on this side of the river!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While looking online I noticed that one of our Future Shop locations has been replaced by some store called Sport Mart...has anyone heard of this? / it's weird because the Sport Mart's website says it is located in one of our old Future Shop locations but ....anywhere else online...no news of such a thing..so I'm confused. I could not find anything about this....
    I remember when FS closed and on the door there was a note saying to go to the nearest BB .....which is out of town.
    I mean come on! at least give us a BB in our own city! I don't know why the won't do that...it's so far away.
    We have no electronic stores here...

Anywho, has anyone heard of this Sport Mart news? I never even heard of this store..

/Also, any other news on what's to replace Future Shop?
    Last edited by JDI007; Mon, Nov 9th, 2015 at 11:34 PM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post
    While looking online I noticed that one of our Future Shop locations has been replaced by some store called Sport Mart...has anyone heard of this? / it's weird because the Sport Mart's website says it is located in one of our old Future Shop locations but ....anywhere else online...no news of such a thing..so I'm confused. I could not find anything about this....
    I remember when FS closed and on the door there was a note saying to go to the nearest BB .....which is out of town.
    I mean come on! at least give us a BB in our own city! I don't know why the won't do that...it's so far away.

Anywho, has anyone heard of this Sport Mart news? I never even heard of this store..

maybe sportmart bought out the lease in the building to open a store? i don't thin future shop/best buy has any affiliation with sport mart
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by A007 View Post

Sport Mart was a big sports good chain, which was bought out by the Forzani group , which owns stores like Sport Chek, Atmosphere, National Sports. After buying them out, I think they closed most of their stores.

guess who owns Forzani group now ? Canadian Tire !! CT also owns Marks Work Wearhouse

https://www.fglsports.com

so now all these stores are owned by crappy tire . Hardly any competition left, when it comes to sports related goods like hockey gear, clothes, shoes , soccer gear, baseball gear, running gear as far as physical retail stores are concerned. Buying online is sometimes not an option for stuff like this, as the sports fit has to be perfect.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information