• 1 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 2 Post By padyofurniture
  • 2 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 2 Post By padyofurniture

Thread: How to unclog a clogged keurig

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

My daughter`s Keurig machine stopped working. The water intake wasnt working and she was ready to Junk it in the garbage. I told her to bring it to me and i would try to fix it. This is what i did.

Went to the dollar store and bought a turkey syringe, not baster. Made sure the water container was empty. At the bottom of the water container you have an intake where the water gets sucked into the machine. I put the syringe into the water intake and pushed trying to unclog the intake. I did this several times and then i added water and tried the machine. Hummmmmmm, it didnt work. Next i used vinegar, doing the same process. That didnt work either; it must have been really really clogged. So then i got out the CLR and did the same process. I then filled the the water container half full with vinegar and waited 1 hour.

I turned the machine on and gave it a shot. It worked! I unclogged the Keurig machine. I filled the water container with vinegar and did 3 complete run throughs (emptied the container 3 times with vinegar using the same vinegar). Then i threw away the vinegar and did the same process with water to make sure all the vinegar smell and taste was gone. Finally i made myself a cup of coffee using her Keurig. It worked beautifully, no vinegar taste or smell. Make sure to clean the pins also, just be careful because the pins are sharp.

She lives on a small farm and they have well water. It must have been hard water and had lime build up over time. Anyway, bottom line is the Keurip works beautifully. Also all this information is available. I did a Google search.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

smart cookie you are!! and patient to keep trying after the first things were not showing results. Would have been a shame to junk the machine just for having a clog.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So funny...saw your post as we were discussing how bad our machine was operating. I will have to give this a try. I had already done the vinegar thing but will give this a shot. Thanks!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

If at first you dont succeed, try and try again! lol terry2144 dont give up, the above method does work.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't have a Keurig, but I've got to do something similar to my HB Scoop. My coffee is coming out weak no matter how many scoops of coffee I put in.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Yeap, like Walk said, you sure are a smart cookie. You know what, that is great info. as lots of peoples, probably, think that theyr machine is done and will buy another one. I dont have a Kurig machine yeat, the more I think about it the more I do want one. Plus, now I know how to unclog it. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.....................
    SnowFlakey and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Here are a couple of other tips. There are two needles where you put your coffee pods. One on top and one on the bottom. Once a month i take a damp paper towel and gently clean those needles. Be careful because they are sharp. Also once a month, i just do a water rinse to rinse out coffee grounds. To do that, just do the same as making a cup of coffee but not using a coffee pod.
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't have a needle like you did, but I blasted the holes where the water comes into the unit with a turkey baster, lol. Now I'm getting a stronger cup of coffee.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

That`s great! Im glad it worked for you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure any of us would be surprised if we saw a landfill filled with our seemingly broken down gadgets and gizmos. A little finesse and we can get them back into shape.

Thread Information