• 4 Post By CrazyQT
  • 4 Post By mustanggirl91
  • 1 Post By mustanggirl91
  • 1 Post By My two Canadian cents
  • 2 Post By dahliagrower

Thread: Points ?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok Last Wednesday March 25th a coupon came out for 20x the points on $75 and it had to be used by Friday March 27th. So I went into SDM with coupons in hand and my list. My order came to $77.95 before tax and I was awarded 2070 points. Now is that 20x the points multiplied by the 2070 points(2070 x20 = 41400) or am I missing something?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    amira84 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Firstly, for what day was the coupon intended? If it was your personal offer and you received it Wednesday, then it was likely only good on Friday. Secondly, the points from those coupons are typically awarded at a later date, specified on the coupon.
    amira84, dededi and mustanggirl91 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Hi mustanggirl -- if you can scan in a copy of the part of your receipt that shows the personalized coupon numbers and points added (just cover up the last part of your optimum number for security) .... we can help figure out what might have happened.
    amira84, dededi and mustanggirl91 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

These types of points are awarded on your base points, not how many points you got multiplied by 20. For example, if your base points are 770 then you will get 770×19 pts later. But you will not get 2070×20 pts.
    dizzyb, dededi and mustanggirl91 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So @amira84 it's only times the 940?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yes its only the 940x19...If it was a personalized coupon you will receive the points on May 14.

Oops, just re read your post...Do you still have a copy of the coupon? maybe in your email? It will say the date the points will be awarded.
    Last edited by peachies; Fri, Apr 3rd, 2015 at 09:19 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks @peachies . I received the points from it already or that's what I assume they are from!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

You should get the 17800 pts show up early this month - maybe around April 14th? I doubt that the points that you said have shown up are for this purchase - did you do another 20x pts to be added later? Nice use of coupons in your shop by the way

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I agree with other experts. You will get 940×19 pts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mustanggirl91 View Post
    Thanks @peachies. I received the points from it already or that's what I assume they are from!!
    940 points are from your total before they subtracted the coupons. Vendor coupons are treated like cash when it comes to earning points. You used $17 worth of money off coupons so you will still get points on those. You don't get points on the free product coupons though (excellent use of coupons)

Product bonus points are points you received because something(s) you purchased had bonus points attached or you had a perosnalized coupons for 10x, 15x or 20x etc WUB that certain product. Or it was a stated on the tag that you would receive bonus points for purchasing.

Department bonus points are also products that had bonus points attached. ie: Buy 2 and receive 500 bp. Or it could have been another personalized coupon.

Either way you will get 20X the points on your subtotal before coupons were subtracted. So.

$77.95 + $17.00 coupons = $94.95
    940 points you have already received at the time of the transaction. That leaves you with
    940 x 19 = 17,860 owing at the date stated on the coupon.

When you receive those points your shop that day earned you
    2070 + 17,860 = 19 930 Excellent.

WAY TO GO. GREAT shop. Great points.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@dahliagrower thanks!! I love couponing at SDM!! they have the best deals usually around. Now they just need to add meat to there store and I'd be all set . I received the points 3 days ago from that coupon. Now that I know how it works another shopping trip is in the works. Thanks for all the help ladies!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks @CrazyQT !!! I love SDM!!
    amira84 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    940 points are from your total before they subtracted the coupons. Vendor coupons are treated like cash when it comes to earning points. You used $17 worth of money off coupons so you will still get points on those. You don't get points on the free product coupons though (excellent use of coupons)

Product bonus points are points you received because something(s) you purchased had bonus points attached or you had a perosnalized coupons for 10x, 15x or 20x etc WUB that certain product. Or it was a stated on the tag that you would receive bonus points for purchasing.

Department bonus points are also products that had bonus points attached. ie: Buy 2 and receive 500 bp. Or it could have been another personalized coupon.

Either way you will get 20X the points on your subtotal before coupons were subtracted. So.

$77.95 + $17.00 coupons = $94.95
    940 points you have already received at the time of the transaction. That leaves you with
    940 x 19 = 17,860 owing at the date stated on the coupon.

When you receive those points your shop that day earned you
    2070 + 17,860 = 19 930 Excellent.

WAY TO GO. GREAT shop. Great points.
    So you aren't suppose to get Optimum points on products purchased with free product coupons? I thought it was strange when the cashier entered my FPC for 1L chocolate milk as "vendor cpn 2001" instead of "vend cpn free 2002" yesterday and I got Optimum points for it (first time I've used a FPC at SDM).
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Sun, Apr 5th, 2015 at 07:21 PM.
    mustanggirl91 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    So you aren't suppose to get Optimum points on products purchased with free product coupons? I thought it was strange when the cashier entered my FPC for 1L chocolate milk as "vendor cpn 2001" instead of "vend cpn free 2002" yesterday and I got Optimum points for it (first time I've used a FPC at SDM).
    No - the FPCs - Free Product Coupons are supposed to go in at 2002 - and aren't taxable (at least at SDM that's how it works)....

Just be careful though, as next time you may go to use the mc and the cashier may enter all as 2002 .... in which case you may not get your 20x points - or any points I've had that happen on a 20x day and I got a cashier that only used the 2002 code... wasn't one of my easiest shops .... as I caught it and then had to explain why I wanted it all re-entered ... I really hate when stuff goes wrong at the check-out.....

Thread Information