• 1 Post By safielstar
  • 1 Post By safielstar
  • 1 Post By safielstar
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By safielstar

Thread: Kuma's Candy Shop in Westdale

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had to go to the Westdale Library for some magazines and noticed that the former Ann's Decor shop, front part, is called Kuma's Candy Shop. New awning with cute bear logo is up and so are signs about grand opening-15% off items in store, including bubble tea (for a limited time).

I had to window shop and saw Kit Kat, Fruit Tops, small stuffed toys, two pairs of pancake slippers with character faces, Pocky sticks, packs of Bibim Men noodles and other snacks. I had full hands (had something from Weil's Bakery to take home) so I did not go inside.

The back part of the former Decor store is Hotti Biscotti. One other place to explore on a warmer day. It's very windy today.

Shop's number is 289-389-8889 and is at the end of the plaza where Westdale Cineam is located. Near buses and The Second Cup shop! http://www.kumascandy.com/
    @Anastasia 1008, I was thinking of you when I was scoping the goodies through the window!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    safielstar and terry2144 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

thank you for posting this! I was so upset when I found out the Japanese candy store in Jackson had closed, but this is even better because I'll be able to actually drive and park there

DH and I went to Japan for our honeymoon years ago and got hooked on so many treats (to this day the best jellybeans I've ever had were Japanese ones) that you can only find in these specialty stores, I can finally get my "fix" again
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@safielstar , I did not know that Do Re Mi in Jackson Square had closed. Westdale used to have CandyWorx on King St. W. opposite Bayshore Hobbies but CandyWorx has not been in the storefront for some time.

Given the churn in retail due to Internet/online shopping, it's a treat to see specialty stores still open in streetfront stores. I need to do a visit to load up on noodles and sweets for me and maybe some things for a friend!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @safielstar , I did not know that Do Re Mi in Jackson Square had closed. Westdale used to have CandyWorx on King St. W. opposite Bayshore Hobbies but CandyWorx has not been in the storefront for some time.

Given the churn in retail due to Internet/online shopping, it's a treat to see specialty stores still open in streetfront stores. I need to do a visit to load up on noodles and sweets for me and maybe some things for a friend!
    I can only justify spending in the physical stores for things like that since the shipping costs get to be too much. I don't mind paying more since the items are imported, but to charge $20-30 in shipping like some online places do I try to buy in actual stores now...
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I actually got to check out the store yesterday after work, it doesn't have as much stuff as I expected, but the stuff I found I was happy with.

They have a good selection of the Japanese DIY candy kits that are all over youtube, so I finally got to try those out (great thing to do with kids too). They have various brands of gum and chews (like Puccho and Hichew), plus cool breath mints I'd never seen before. The whole back wall is bagged hard candy and salty snacks like chips. They have the cool flavoured Pocky, KitKats (green tea, strawberry etc.), as well as bagged gummies. The one thing I was expecting to see more of but didn't was chocolate, I managed to find mushroom-shaped chocolate that I'd had before, as well as Meltykiss, but other than that there wasn't much. Maybe it's hard to import them due to potential melting during transport....
    Last edited by safielstar; Sat, Apr 18th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Now I'm craving snacks! Thanks for the store report, @safielstar ! The flavoured Kit Kat bars and Pocky are my weaknesses.

I don't know about the candy kits-need to get some Youtube viewing in tomorrow.
    safielstar likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Now I'm craving snacks! Thanks for the store report, @safielstar! The flavoured Kit Kat bars and Pocky are my weaknesses.

I don't know about the candy kits-need to get some Youtube viewing in tomorrow.
    The candy kits are a strange phenomenon, the candy you make doesn't taste amazing, but the process of actually making it is pretty fun (even my DH was intrigued by them). The main ones are made by Kracie, you can make chewy candy like Starburst, gummies, and this weird swirly foamy candy you twirl with a spoon and coat with candies (this one actually tasted pretty good).
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information