User Tag List

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hi,

My MIL just came out to B.C. for a visit where she got to see couponing at work. She does not have access to a computer so I am trying to help her from here. Could anyone make a recommendation as to where the best place to shop, coupon and stack if possible is (in St. Johns). Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tresmom View Post
    Hi,

My MIL just came out to B.C. for a visit where she got to see couponing at work. She does not have access to a computer so I am trying to help her from here. Could anyone make a recommendation as to where the best place to shop, coupon and stack if possible is (in St. Johns). Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi,,, would love to help you out.. couponing in NL is a little different than BC. You can't stack coupons here or at least i'm not aware you can. Sobeys by far has the most coupons available (tear pads) & in my experience the most coupon friendly, next would be walmart. However i haven't seen any tear pads there. I love walmart b/c you can PM & use a coupon, they also take printables(internet) coupons. Shoppers has tear pads also however , not the most friendly when it comes to couponers. Dominion has a coupon zone however , they put them out about 2 weeks prior to expiry.. not a long time to hold out for a sale. Some of the Manufacturer coupons have longer expiries. Zellars, I have to amit, I don't shop there often (maybe twice since couponing) so I really can't comment. I have seen tear pads there & have had no problems using
    coupons there.. Lawtons drugs, same as zellars, don't shop there often but have seen tear pads there.
    Hope this helps a little. Getting items for free or near free is next to impossible here in NL but can be done.. hoping to get some ziplock baggies for free @ no frills. good luck to your MIL & happy couponing to her..

maybe others on this board can comment on No Frills, I've only shopped there twice & have never used any coupons there. Today will be my 1st..
    Last edited by Roxanne0399; Fri, Oct 21st, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne0399 View Post
    Hi,,, would love to help you out.. couponing in NL is a little different than BC. You can't stack coupons here or at least i'm not aware you can. Sobeys by far has the most coupons available (tear pads) & in my experience the most coupon friendly, next would be walmart. However i haven't seen any tear pads there. I love walmart b/c you can PM & use a coupon, they also take printables(internet) coupons. Shoppers has tear pads also however , not the most friendly when it comes to couponers. Dominion has a coupon zone however , they put them out about 2 weeks prior to expiry.. not a long time to hold out for a sale. Some of the Manufacturer coupons have longer expiries. Zellars, I have to amit, I don't shop there often (maybe twice since couponing) so I really can't comment. I have seen tear pads there & have had no problems using
    coupons there.. Lawtons drugs, same as zellars, don't shop there often but have seen tear pads there.
    Hope this helps a little. Getting items for free or near free is next to impossible here in NL but can be done.. hoping to get some ziplock baggies for free @ no frills. good luck to your MIL & happy couponing to her..

maybe others on this board can comment on No Frills, I've only shopped there twice & have never used any coupons there. Today will be my 1st..
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate the tips!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I agree with what Roxanne said... I've never had any luck stacking here. Best coupons are at Sobey's and Shopper's -- I also have always found lots (people here tend to only take a few and leave them for everyone else).
    Walmart price matching is easy -- and totally aggree that Dominion's coupon zone is generally useless (1/2 the time the coupons have already expired!)...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I too find sobeys one of the best places to find and use coupons. walmart is pretty good to but I have never seen tearpads there.
    I use to always shop at dominion but since couponing I find myself not going there at all.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ahinchey View Post
    I agree with what Roxanne said... I've never had any luck stacking here. Best coupons are at Sobey's and Shopper's -- I also have always found lots (people here tend to only take a few and leave them for everyone else).
    Walmart price matching is easy -- and totally aggree that Dominion's coupon zone is generally useless (1/2 the time the coupons have already expired!)...
    I would like to add at shoppers i've noticed they only accept coupons with the P.O. Box 3000 address. I tried using an armstrong cheese coupon there last week with a Quebec address & they wouldn't take it. Also, would like to say thank you to all couponers who consider others & only take the # of coupons they think they will use. I do the same, would never clear a tearpad...usually 4-6 depending on the expiry date. also, I ask myself is this something I would buy.
    Last edited by Roxanne0399; Mon, Oct 24th, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only take a few as well - speaking of tear pad coupons - i saw 50 cent Real Fruit Gummies Coupons at Sobeys last week, and $2 Flintstones Vitamins at Shoppers today. There wasn't many Flinstones ones left so I only took a couple - they might restock!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 050937k2 View Post
    I only take a few as well - speaking of tear pad coupons - i saw 50 cent Real Fruit Gummies Coupons at Sobeys last week, and $2 Flintstones Vitamins at Shoppers today. There wasn't many Flinstones ones left so I only took a couple - they might restock!
    thanks for letting us know about these coupons. My kids love the real fruit gummies.. Hopefully I see these. we also use the Flintstones vitamins.. Hope they restock

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Hi, I agree with the above comments on couponing in NL. However I have had a few tangles, first Sobey's won't take printable coupons, even though the store policy that I have say's they do, Zellers is not coupon friendly they will not price match and then allow a coupon so I just go to Walmart. Sobey's has by far the best tear pads. I haven't tried no frills, it is just to far of a drive for me.

Thread Information