User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Would you install Windows10 on July 25,2015

  1. #1
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19,158
    Likes Received
    18850
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    1
    In my toolbar this morning ,I got a message that you can pre order the new window 10 for the July 2015.I am with windows 7 so I wonder if I will change it.

    Any toughts? Anyone else got the message?

    http://www.microsoft.com/fr-ca/windo...auxapp_context
    This thread is currently associated with: Microsoft
    E-mail


  2. #2
    Smart Canuck mulock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedford, NS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,668
    Likes Received
    1439
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Until business and industry make the switch to Windows10, I won't. Microsoft always has a hard time getting industry to make the upgrade.

  3. #3
    Smart Canuck anastasia1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clarkson, ON
    Posts
    1,481
    Likes Received
    2535
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    I already run Windows 10 beta - way better than Windows 8. I have windows 7, 8 and 10 dual booted - once windows 10 is out on July 29 I am removing windows 8

  4. #4
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19,158
    Likes Received
    18850
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I already run Windows 10 beta - way better than Windows 8. I have windows 7, 8 and 10 dual booted - once windows 10 is out on July 29 I am removing windows 8
    It work great? No problems?

  5. #5
    Smart Canuck bluerose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Eastern Townships
    Posts
    3,045
    Likes Received
    3774
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)




    Got the same message in my tool bar I have windows 7 on a desktop not so sure I should upgrade.

  6. #6
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19,158
    Likes Received
    18850
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose View Post
    Got the same message in my tool bar I have windows 7 on a desktop not so sure I should upgrade.
    I have windows 7 too.Never tested the 8 and 9 so I am affraid of the 10 one.

  7. #7
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    12
    Likes Received
    21
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    I think I would wait till the majority adopt & work out the kinks before upgrading to it myself.

  8. #8
    Saver
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    134
    Likes Received
    71
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    The windows 10 beta is fairly good at this point....still some bugs but they have a few months to make minor tweaks. For some reason Cortana isn't enabled for Canada yet though...
    Get $25 CASH for opening a Tangerine account. To receive the $$, enter 39061906S1 as the orange key when you sign up.To sign up or for more info go to http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

  9. #9
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19,158
    Likes Received
    18850
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by blackstaffer View Post
    The windows 10 beta is fairly good at this point....still some bugs but they have a few months to make minor tweaks. For some reason Cortana isn't enabled for Canada yet though...
    Thank you for the comment,Glad to heard that

  10. #10
    Canadian Genius Tweets77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    N.W. Ontario
    Posts
    5,242
    Likes Received
    6450
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)




    I rec'd the same message yesterday. I have Windows 8 presently. Willl watch to see what happens.

  11. #11
    Smart Canuck padyofurniture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    4,162
    Likes Received
    18591
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    I might switch over to 10 from 8.1 it will depend on the feedback once that time comes.

  12. #12
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    1,006
    Likes Received
    1071
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)



    have windows 7, got the message as well. anyone know how long they will offer this free upgrade, i would like to wait and see first how it is before i upgrade.
    kenrod, Ciel, dededi and 1 others like this.

  13. #13
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario
    Age
    30
    Posts
    318
    Likes Received
    1144
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)




    My personal computer is currently on it's death bed. I have Windows 7 and have the notification for Windows 10. I would install it but not on this computer. I have a faulty graphics card (at least I think that's the issue) which causes daily crashes among other problems (toddler ripped keys off laptop, then spilled beer on it) ha, ha. So it's beyond being worth to fix. When finances allow, I will be replacing this computer with a new one. Currently, I'm just running this one into the ground because I am waiting for 10 to come out and hopefully to get a good deal on Windows 10. We have two other computers in the house. One runs 8. I don't like 8. The other is running Windows 7 and works very well but doesn't have the message to install 10 for some reason.
    Get your F-R-E-E gift cards just by browsing online with Swagbucks. Click here to register now!

  14. #14
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Likes Received
    9
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Quote Originally Posted by frugallegemom View Post
    My personal computer is currently on it's death bed. I have Windows 7 and have the notification for Windows 10. I would install it but not on this computer. I have a faulty graphics card (at least I think that's the issue) which causes daily crashes among other problems (toddler ripped keys off laptop, then spilled beer on it) ha, ha. So it's beyond being worth to fix. When finances allow, I will be replacing this computer with a new one. Currently, I'm just running this one into the ground because I am waiting for 10 to come out and hopefully to get a good deal on Windows 10. We have two other computers in the house. One runs 8. I don't like 8. The other is running Windows 7 and works very well but doesn't have the message to install 10 for some reason.
    ...toddler shouldn't be drinking beer near computer

  15. #15
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    977
    Likes Received
    1462
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    You can register for the FREE upgrade to Windows 10 now.

    There is absolutely NO obligation to upgrade when it releases in late July. But if you don't take the offer while it's available, you wont be able to get it for free. You do alaso have to install it within the first year.

    So logically, REGISTER if you get the tray-icon and install it within the first year (to maintain your claim to the FREE install).

    Secondly... once you ARE registered and have it installed, you have become a legally licensed owner of Windows 10 (on that PC) for life. In the FAQ from Microsoft, if you have to reformat that PC, replace the harddrive, or what not, you can STILL re-install your licensed copy of Windows 10 on it. So that being said, if you absolutely hate Windows 10 on release, re-format, go back to Windows 7 (or 8.1) until such time that Win10 has all the bugs flattened out of it. Then, since you are a licensed user, install it at a later time that you see fit.


    All that said, register for it, install it -- decide later.

    My two cents.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •