User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: READ THE DAMN COUPON RIGHT, thanks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a couponner, don't you hate it more than ANYTHING when you spend a bunch of time planning out your coupon/shopping trips and a cashier takes 2 seconds to reject even though it's supposed to pass? :@

I was on a lovely trip to the local dumpy Giant Tiger and was super excited to get my 2 packages of 12 double roll Cashmere toilet paper, right!?
    I go to check out and use my 1$ coupons on each, and the guy takes a quick look and says no, it doesn't work. I said why? can you explain?
    He said because it says 'Can not be combined with any other OFFER... and our Cashmere is on sale so you can't use your coupon".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :@ Learn how to read your damn coupons!! That is NOT what it means, and I tried explaining to him that I have other coupons that specifically specify 'Can not be combined with any other REDUCTION'

It does not mean the same thing at all, and you would think that because I was unsatisfied/annoyed (Not because of the 2$ but, more so because I spend a lot of my time organizing my coupons and planning my shopping trip just to have ANOTHER senseless cashier reject my legitimate coupon!!!!!!!!) that he would atleast attempt to give me something to work with. He was rude, and didn't even ask for another cashiers advice, he just kept saying no.

Giant tiger is definitely going to get a call from me, and I will definitely be getting my measly 2$ back JUST to prove a point!

Any one else hate when things like this happen??
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger
    Last edited by lilsmithy; Fri, Jun 5th, 2015 at 08:58 PM.
    salady, walkonby, cath007 and 6 others like this.
    - lilsmithy -

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I find that to be a problem at some stores more than others - for me, it's happened frequently at SDM
    I wish they would change that line to something more specific since it's being interpreted in whichever the cashiers see fit
    cath007, ticul, momi and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, did you buy the TP at Giant Tiger or price match elsewhere?
    ticul, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, did you buy the TP at Giant Tiger or price match elsewhere?
    I wasn't price matching, buying it at the actual Giant Tiger. Would that even change anything?
    cath007, Shwa Girl, ticul and 3 others like this.
    - lilsmithy -

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel your pain....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had problem with english coupons(smartsource printable) because month and day are not written the same way than french.I had problems too with van houtte 3$ off coupons,same upc,they called me fraudulous...and I know I was right.Or many coupons not being traited eproperly like nivea.Or the smartsource with unique pins,I had to explain them,Basically sometimes I feel like teaching to read a coupon to a cashier.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I had problem with english coupons(smartsource printable) because month and day are not written the same way than french.I had problems too with van houtte 3$ off coupons,same upc,they called me fraudulous...and I know I was right.Or many coupons not being traited eproperly like nivea.Or the smartsource with unique pins,I had to explain them,Basically sometimes I feel like teaching to read a coupon to a cashier.

My coupon was actually in french, and the cashier was too, so I was floored that he was that dense. That is terrible that they called you that! :o I hate how people look bad upon couponers, were doing nothing wrong!
    I feel the exact same way, like i'm teaching the cashier.... ridiculous really.
    - lilsmithy -

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Did you try asking for the store manager? A supervisor or store manager on the spot is more likely to help than a phonecall later.

That happens to me at Rexall all the time and I don't even bother going there anymore. They don't seem to understand that coupons are reimbursed by manufacturers and sales are reduced by the store
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

It used to happen to me at Wholesale. I highly doubt that people are that dumb. They just do not want you to use coupons. Today I got Sunlight for $6 [super cheap I know] and used $3 and cashier did not want to use the coupon and she said 'you are already getting it for just $6". Then she did not want to use $5 coupon on Cetaphill because 'I cannot do that because you will get that for free'. Can you believe she said that!...hmmm are they pisshed offf???

Why are people so evil!
    cath007, ticul, wolfwoman and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Did you try asking for the store manager? A supervisor or store manager on the spot is more likely to help than a phonecall later.

That happens to me at Rexall all the time and I don't even bother going there anymore. They don't seem to understand that coupons are reimbursed by manufacturers and sales are reduced by the store
    I know i should have done that, but in the moment i decided not to because I already had it out with the cashier and my boyfried was with me. I didnt want him to have to deal with it. I will be going back to complain though (with an email from cashmere maybe) and at this point it is not even about the 2$.

That sucks!! I also have a few stores i will no longer be purchasing from, Maxi and Walmart are always there to price match
    - lilsmithy -

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    It used to happen to me at Wholesale. I highly doubt that people are that dumb. They just do not want you to use coupons. Today I got Sunlight for $6 [super cheap I know] and used $3 and cashier did not want to use the coupon and she said 'you are already getting it for just $6". Then she did not want to use $5 coupon on Cetaphill because 'I cannot do that because you will get that for free'. Can you believe she said that!...hmmm are they pisshed offf???

Why are people so evil!
    WOW! She had nerve!! I don't get why they're so anti-coupon, if they're going to be like that then don't accept coupons in the first place. Saves us a lot of time and frustration. Sometimes its just a ty cashier though that isn't trained right I guess! :/ did you end up buying both things btw?
    cath007, ticul, toronto166 and 2 others like this.
    - lilsmithy -

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

It extremely sad but this is what we have to deal with from time to time. I dont like it and wen that happen other people in line also think the same thing as they too dont know nothing about coupons most of the time. It just make us look bad. It is very frustrating but on the bright side, we are the one saving $$$ and can have a small or big stockpile. Thank you for sharing.....................
    toronto166 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tell the cashier to watch CTV's Pat Foran on Consumer Alert. Smart shoppers ALWAYS combine coupons & sales. It makes no sense not to.
    cath007, toronto166 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    It used to happen to me at Wholesale. I highly doubt that people are that dumb. They just do not want you to use coupons. Today I got Sunlight for $6 [super cheap I know] and used $3 and cashier did not want to use the coupon and she said 'you are already getting it for just $6". Then she did not want to use $5 coupon on Cetaphill because 'I cannot do that because you will get that for free'. Can you believe she said that!...hmmm are they pisshed offf??? Why are people so evil!
    I've had the same problem at one particular store. The cashier refused my legit coupons, even scoffed:"You want to get this for $1?" Then outright rejected my every attempt. Fine with me! I picked up a copy of their flyer and price-matched at Walmart. They're just super jealous because they don't know how to save like we do.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Arvilish....it is because some cashiers don't seem to want anyone get a good/great deal. Simply put....jealousy.
    cath007, dededi and lilsmithy like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information