User Tag List

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112
Results 1,666 to 1,675 of 1675
Like Tree2582Likes

Thread: Whatcha Watchin' on TV?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby Have you given the Shogun series a chance? That is one with Hiroyuki Sonada, who's always worth watching. He was the elder man on The Bullet Train with Brad Pitt.

I finished the Wonka movie on Crave and it has its own charms as a standalone movie. I really liked the song the cast sang as they got the keys to an empty store in the town square. Fairly predictable mean townspeople though.

Want to get into The Regime (with Kate Winslet) and a couple of other shows. Would love to leave Prime at end of March and try Netflix for a month to see Adam Sandler's movies. Think I will leave AMC+ as most offerings seem skewed towards a horror bent and that's not my cup of tea.
    walkonby likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Ciel21 I've jumped over to a Prime series ( 8 episodes ) called Beacon 23. Stars Lena Headey ( Cersei from GOT ) . A show based in space. I have no idea if they will run another
    Season, hope so. Pretty good shoe. As far as Shogun goes I WAS actually considering it at one point but as usually happens another shiny object ( series ) grabbed my attention first! ha ha
    Ciel21 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Youtube, the Diary of A CEO channel is sort of akin to a one-on-one TED Talk (host is always active/asking questions-I don't know how he does it!). Guest author/professor Arthur Brooks talked about anxiety and why journalling 15min per day can help with it. Afterwards, I was thinking about how my grade 7 English teacher made our class (gifted English) jot in notebooks at least once per week and how he occasionally had us turn them in. Either he was looking to see whether we wrote and displayed future author/playwright/journalism bent or just wanted to see what was on our minds so he could figure out how to get our attention. Never thought of the journal (15min max and sometimes we jotted during his reading of a book, which was kind of a creative, relaxing break even if the book was not great) exercise in that way before. I used to find it hard to write anything (anxious!) some of the time. Or just went with top of mind thoughts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got through The Regime on Crave last night-4 episodes. Seems to have been inspired by the colour and lighting of Wes Anderson's Asteroid City to portray a Ceaucescu like regime in some Central European country with North Korean type propaganda/news etc. Leader says Ja? often when thinking/deciding aloud but it's not to invite commentary but to convey "I want it done it as I just said." Quirky music. If you can get through the plodding prologue before the show intro, the series sort of picks up here and there. Kate Winslet really outdid herself portraying 24h long ongoing hot flashes in episode 4. Look for Hugh Grant to pop up late in episode 3 and through episode 4 (actor seems to be doing lots of non-romantic character roles since he became a father in recent years...).
    Really for adults. Look for the Angela Merkel lookalike actor who portrays the American senator. Make popcorn and some beverages for the binge viewing.

Started to watch Selena+chef as well with Roy Choi (he who has that LA Food truck and Las Vegas resto with the Korean Convenience store bar/shop area). Will keep viewing limited to one segment per season as there are 4 seasons on Crave. Can I squeeze in an HBO comedy special or two??

Will check out the Beacon 23 tonight on Prime and some other things. Have hit pause on Amazon Prime so must finish by April 2. Also ended my AMC+ sub through Prime.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Ciel21 you will LOVE Beacon23, I guarantee it!! We also watched The Regime. Kate Winslet is hilarious!! Shamelessly, ( I'm so very embarrassed ) that I watched Ricky Stanicky!! Don't watch this movie unless you have a very open mind because it is filled with so much " guy humour " . That being said I HAD TO run it back to show DH what I was laughing and cringing at. He totally lost his mind laughing.
    O.k. Johnny Tavares just opened the game with a goal! Leafs 1 Buffalo 0
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My brother would probably like Ricky Stanicky.
    Need to go back to the Candice Kamen episode on Selena+Chef as I just printed off the matcha variation on chocolate chip cookies (*I would totally replace the dark chocolate chips with either mint chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips*)

Good news about Selena Gomez: her new series is Selena + Restaurant! Starts May 2 on Food Network USA then on MAX.
    Selena Gomez Cooks Up New Food Network Series 'Selena + Restaurant' (msn.com) Raquel is along for the show too!
    Guess that might end up on Crave app eventually.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Not sure who else besides me would tune into watch game 2 of the Blue Jays vs the Astros ( played in Houston ) after the Jays lost the first game 10-0.
    I'm so torn because I still adore watching Jose Altuve of the Astros play and didn't that little fart get the first HR in the 4th inning! It stayed 1-0 but there
    were so many odd things that happened in every inning.
    The starting pitchers were lights out though. Repeated 3 up, 3 down for them both.

Altuve got out by getting hit by the ball running to 3rd base....later he gets thrown out by Kirk trying to take home. Kirk was caught not paying attention
    after catching a fly foul and watches Tucker trot to 2nd base!! The kind of game both teams wanted to pull their hair out at.

The best moment was when Davis Schneider hit a HR in the top of the 9th to bring Varsho home from first....now they had a 1 run lead!
    Then of all things, the pitch runner the Astros put on first base FELL trying to steal 2nd....ha ha Anyway, we won!! 2-1
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Apr 3rd, 2024 at 10:40 AM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just watched 3/4 of this documentary and I'm convinced to start trying it tomorrow ( and everyday up until my knee surgery! )

https://www.earthingmovie.com/

What I loved about it so far is they are NOT trying to sell you anything!
    Most " gimmicks " or health improvement ideas come with a catch to purchase a supplement or a salve.
    We never spray any chemicals on our lawn so I will make that my first spot to sit on my walker with my feet on the grass.
    Apparently it even works with my bare feet on the concrete slabs DH placed in the backyard.
    Would never be so silly as to walk any streets in my bare feet ( or through an airport like some actress did??! )
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Watched episode 8 of Season 1 of Beacon 23. Bro has Prime Video though I don't know if his trial is ending soon.
    No season 2 yet of Beacon 23 on the platform (maybe in 3 months' time? after it airs on MAX in the US).
    Did see The Beekeeper (Jason Statham; really want to see if he does do any actual beekeeping-not for the faint or scared) for Rent or Buy on PV. Hmm, one platform has it for free 3months after it was released in theatres.

I will ask nicely if Bro will permit free Paramount trial since ST:Discovery is there and I presume the 5th and final season too! Really want to see it and ST: Picard season 3! Since he has Prime, why not Paramount under his account (he liked Mayor of Kingstown but did not see the last season of show)?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

just finished "Ripley" on netflix...was very stylish, black & white, takes place in 1961, alot of twists, not a fan of dakota fanning. but i enjoyed it.

also on appleTV (free trial) "sugar" with colin farell plays a private eye, easy on the eyes. Im a fan.

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112

Thread Information