• 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By d.ot
  • 2 Post By Elle Lady Sadie
  • 1 Post By GrammaGolfer57

Thread: Huge Clearances - Independent Grocers

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Independent Grocers has the best Clearance sections, always 2 large clearance shelving filled with variety items on-sale really cheap. Then there are separate clearance shelves in the Bakery and another one in the fruit/produce department. The shelves are filled to the top first in the morning & then again at the end of the night. They mark down things in the coolers and freezer sections also. ALL clearance items are 50% off or more. Because I use coupons on the clearance items, I can often get FREE FOOD shopping here. Its Amazing, I have never seen so many clearance items/area in one store, and it is like this every day. They also leave items on the shelves with the 50% off tickets. I seldom pay more than $1.00 for yogurt or bakery items. They are very good about marking down deli items about 5 days before the expiration date, I just reach in back and sure enough there are items good for another month or so. These sale items are literally through-out the entire store. Yesterday I found the 3 pack tubs of hummus on for 99 cents, reached in back and found 4 packs good until september. wonderful. Savings like this every day at my Independent Grocers. It was not like this when they first opened up 3 years ago, I found them expensive and they did not price match. Now the prices are more competitive, and they even allow digital price matching. Not sure if all Independents are like this, but it is worth a stop in every now & then. I am speaking about the Independent store located in Red Deer, Alberta.
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent
    Last edited by Elle Lady Sadie; Thu, Aug 6th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks. Ontario too. Lots of clearance deals, pink stickers, and in store specials found today. Found Dove soap for $1.99 reduced to $0.87 and they put a buy2+save$1.50 coupon right by the soap display. Plus, had a spend $40 get 4000 PC Plus points ($4.00 off).

Plus they were celebrating 40 years at this location so there was cake, coffee and tea.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Aug 7th, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is so great - I hope your store continues with such great markdowns all around the store. Not all stores are good with clearance like that. I think it depends on the manager...not sure? The Independent near me rarely has clearance - the produce rack has items that are completely wilted or already spoiling. It's ready for the garbage, kind of insulting to think people will still buy it at 50% off their already higher prices.
    GrammaGolfer57 likes this.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks Shwa Girl for mentioning the additional PC Points. I find the combination of clearance Items, Coupons and PC Points at Independent really adds up to big savings. The it gets even better when those deals are part of the weekly digital cash-back offers. Can't Beat Free.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice post. i do most my shopping at independent first thing in the morning, the sales racks of breads, baking, veggies & fruits are over flowing, some mornings there is no room left on the rack for all the produce mark downs, so they have to use large plastic crates on the floor. they are the best store in Red Deer for mark downs. This weekend i stopped in, found 4 bottles oxiclean marked down $3.25, they all rang in at $1.25. Large stockpile of coffee in my freezer all thanks to Independent, they frequently mark down their coffee to $2.00 - $3.00 large tins folgers & maxwell house, near free when there is a coupon to go with it. Husband stopped in there tonight & brought home 12 loaves of bread, all on sale 99 cents a loaf, made fresh today. Seriously, we are going to need to buy another freezer - as a result of all the mark-downs they have at Independent. each morning the store manager marks down the fresh flowers 50%, so for $5.00 i get fresh flowers and they last all week long.

Miss Tea Rose likes this.

CouponCollector
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

read your post the other night & was curious to check-out the sales, so after work today decided to check it out. i got so much discounted shopping. your right about all the produce on clearance (pineapples, strawberries, apples, tomatoes, peppers, even potatoes). been long time since i scored so much food at 50% 0ff. large selection of discounted dog & cat food between $1.00 - $3.00 a bag. Is the bread always 99 cents? ? grabbed 5 loaves at that price. i'm used to paying $3.00 per loaf. Large variety candy & chocolate on for under $2.00 a bag. It was a great shopping trip, spent $50.00 but thrilled to have saved at least $30.00. thankyou for your post. I will be shopping there weekly from now on. I think the bigger grocery stores can not be bothered with putting food items on clearance, so they just throw out large amounts of foods.
    Last edited by Miss Tea Rose; Tue, Aug 11th, 2015 at 04:42 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting about the deal

Thread Information