Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By YOU AND ME
  • 4 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 3 Post By walkonby
  • 3 Post By sweet sparrow

Thread: Kids left outside all day without sunscreen

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

WTF is wrong with people these poor little boys had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on them

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/vid.../4383798725001
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    strew, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 3 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yes. It's awful.
    Here's the video
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma...burns-daycare/

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

those poor kids. You can hear the Mom fighting back her own tears as she tries to calm him down. Nothing worse than watching your child suffer. That Day Care is closed down now I hope?
    YOU AND ME, dededi and Davetherave like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I fret about my LO at daycare. Her old one that was shut down by the government, because it was not regulated, kept the kids out for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon outside of the high UV exposure times. The tall city buildings kept the play area in the shade almost completely during the times they were outside.

The new daycare has NO shade and they are outside for two hours (once in the afternoon and once in the morning) during the worst times for UV exposure. We drop off LO in the morning at 7 AM and by the time they go out at 10:30 AM, I'm sure her sunscreen has been wiped off - either from cleanup of morning breakfast, or other activities. The daycare DOES NOT put on sunscreen at all in the mornings. They leave it to the parents.

Twice a week, every week, they take them outside in the sprinkler, exposing even more skin. In the afternoons, they do apply a 30 SPF sunblock. When I ask them to please make sure LO wears a hat, they tell me they can't make them if they don't want to. I sure as heck can make LO put on a hat. All it takes is a one minute time out in the shade (they have a shaded door frame) away from the toys. I don't see why that's hard.

We chose this daycare because it was the *only one* I found that did not feed massive quantities of sugar and processed foods. It just really fires me up that the government shut down a daycare we were happy with and now LO has to go here. There was a reason why the old daycare was voted the best in the city for eight years running.

I have many, many other issues with this daycare, but there really isn't much better around here. The first daycare we sent her to dislocated her arm and never noticed, and she frequently came home with blood on her face (and told me they had no idea how she got those marks, must be her scratching herself).

I think the government needs to have a closer look at their regulated daycares or inspect the daycares located within child safe facilities with adequate security (like schools, churches, etc.) that were doing well and give them a license to operate.

My heart goes out to those poor boys, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened closer to home.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:07 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Terrible

Thread Information