• 8 Post By Edm Erin
  • 3 Post By Elle Lady Sadie
  • 1 Post By Edm Erin
  • 1 Post By Midnightly

Thread: Diapers - Changing Packaging Size

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So scored cheap diapers (Pampers Baby Dry) a couple weeks ago because they were on clearance at No Frills (50% off) yeah. the reason they were on clearance, they were switching to packaging with less diapers for the same money. Crap.

Went to Walmart to grab some diapers during the anniversary sale (again Pampers Baby Dry worked out to 15 cents a piece) and some Pull-ups when I noticed 2 boxes of pull-ups, same size, same price, different quantity. They reduced the size of the box by 6 or 8 and kept the price the same.

watch out ladies and gentlemen, get the bigger packages before they have all switched, and hopefully find some clearance deals on old packaging.
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, No Frills, Pampers, Walmart

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

don't you just love it when manufacturers come out with the slogan " New Packaging" which many times is word trickery for " were giving you less for the same great price " lol.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thanks. good to know. Is 15 cents per diaper the price you should pay? I'm due in January and still learning. TIA.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I think pampers is also discontinuing their mega packs.. I noticed it was all on clearance at rcss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=Meeeks85;6475104]I think pampers is also discontinuing their mega packs.. I noticed it was all on clearance at rcss.

Sounds possible - I don't think many retailers carried the mega packs. The Super/Giga packs seem to be the most popular (along with the Jumbo packs, which are the cheapest) Loblaws chain of stores sell club-size packages (Walmart does not carry this size) and Walmart carries the economy size (only brick-and-mortar store that sells that size - that's the one for $32 during the anniversary sale, regular price $49.97). Not many retailers carry the Giant size (this is the one above the Super pack but below the club-size pack).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The price per diaper changes as the sizes change. For example you get a lot more in a package of size 1s versus less diapers in size 3. I find 0.15 for size 3 pretty good pricing, but others on here are getting better.
    shopperwho likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i always hated that the larger size diaper you buy the smaller the amount in the package
    Lyssia510 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information