• 4 Post By Couponcrinch
  • 3 Post By GracieAnne
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: Shopping at NO Frills in Parry Sound is not enjoyable

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Being up North is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable - until you go shopping at NO Frills in Parry Sound.
    I had 2 price matches and coupons for each. The cashier started out OK, matching the first item and coupon. The second one did not go so well, as she keyed in the wrong coupon amount of $1.00. No big deal, right?
    until she tried to reverse it and keyed in $10000.01. I did not even know that a coupon input could be that large and get accepted by the system. However she tried, she could not correct it and matters got only worse. I tried to calm her down and suggested to ask for help. That's when she turned on me and called me pathetic and ridiculous for wanting to PM and use coupons.When I asked her to calm down, she yelled at me saying I was attacking her.
    Finally another cashier came and simply cancelled the whole purchase - too many errors to correct.
    Now it got even worse! None of the amounts keyed in after that were correct.
    I finally just packed up my few items and went to another cashier to process it. She did a fine job and apologized for the cashier's rude behavior.
    Meanwhile there was no manager ever to be seen. Frankly, I was just happy to get out of this store.
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nah....a store cashier said this to you, seriously? WOW talk about having a bad day. Sounds like you handled it well though, as opposed to resorting to confrontation and creating drama in teh store like some crass people

Good on ya, and yes I wouldn't go back there if it wa sme.

Quote Originally Posted by Couponcrinch View Post
    Being up North is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable - until you go shopping at NO Frills in Parry Sound.
    I had 2 price matches and coupons for each. The cashier started out OK, matching the first item and coupon. The second one did not go so well, as she keyed in the wrong coupon amount of $1.00. No big deal, right?
    until she tried to reverse it and keyed in $10000.01. I did not even know that a coupon input could be that large and get accepted by the system. However she tried, she could not correct it and matters got only worse. I tried to calm her down and suggested to ask for help. That's when she turned on me and called me pathetic and ridiculous for wanting to PM and use coupons.When I asked her to calm down, she yelled at me saying I was attacking her.
    Finally another cashier came and simply cancelled the whole purchase - too many errors to correct.
    Now it got even worse! None of the amounts keyed in after that were correct.
    I finally just packed up my few items and went to another cashier to process it. She did a fine job and apologized for the cashier's rude behavior.
    Meanwhile there was no manager ever to be seen. Frankly, I was just happy to get out of this store.
    Last edited by beachdown; Wed, Sep 23rd, 2015 at 03:01 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Couponcrinch .....so sorry to hear that you were subjected to that type of behavior. I for one would never, ever put up with that. Perhaps an email is in order to Loblaws Companies.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did complete the customer survey and detailed the scenario at the end

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I suggest going back and speaking to a manager directly, or finding out when a manager would be available. A cashier that puts down a customer like that should be fired. I rarely say that, but that is a bit ridiculous.

I usually side with the customer service side because I've been there and been verbally abused by customer, but I've never said anything like that to a customer - I know I would've lost my job instantly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow that's awful If you don't hear back from the receipt survey processor, maybe try the manager. If the cashier gets flustered with customers, they need better training or maybe need a less-customer facing job like stocking shelves.
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

SOME people are born to be jerks!

I had an asswhole supervisor [?] yelled at me when I put stuff away that I did not wanted so I talked back at him. That was at RCSS. I used to work there and quite after one month. He is like 'YOU work here, you better not do that". I was like 'I quit and don't work here anymore so whatever'.

I now look at him at the most angry way possible as I am passive aggressive. EDIT: That was about 5 years ago and I still look at him in most jerkish way possibe! #EnemyForever
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sat, Sep 26th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
    macw1960 likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I would be calling head office never mind the manager.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Thread Information