User Tag List

Thread: Bulk Barn

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well....went into bulk barn today to check it out...I hit the gluten free aisle to look for my wheat free oats--usually buy at health food store--and did find them, but EXPENSIVE....thank goodness for the $3 off coupon. I found the prices high, I expected much better pricing seeing as bulk is their specialty....boo!!
    Ground almonds were more than I can afford..will wait til they come on sale at SOF.
    I did end up getting the oats, some brown rice flour, rice pasta, and some oregano....just a little over $10 so i could use the coupon....

Will only shop there if there is a great sale or a coupon.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bulk Barn, Save on Foods

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The B B and B sure didn't have great prices or sales for their grand opening either
    hope better deals soon come ..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It took me less than 5 minutes to go through BBandB. I could tell right away there was nothing, but regular prices. It was disappointing to the point that I have no need or desire to return.

Haven't been to the bulk barn, but it sounds like nothing special. No wonder stores go out of business so frequently around here; there's no incentive to shop.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yup, went back today to use another coupon for some bird seed....i am so disappointed with the prices!! The cashews are supposedly on sale for 2.29/100 grams...regular price at superstore is 1.93/100 gr....not good.
    got my seeds and some peanuts for the chipmunks and high-tailed it out of there

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

well, to help the cost of that place, here's a $3 off coupon good til Nov. 24, 2011

http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/page/we...n_l9ubl9u.html

Coupon Lov-ah!
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The B B and B will give you a 20 percent coupon if you sign up for their newsletter..takes care of the taxes barely ooohh ahhh
    I see people flocking to both places..I guess we don't impulse buy to the extent of some people
    Apparently they take Michaels coupons..I told a friend they had a sign saying they accept competitors coupons--so she went in and bought some frames and was able to get them 50 % off...
    Not sure who else is an equivalent that they would accept-match..
    I guess we won't know til we go and try or ask..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I went to BB yesterday and jotted down some prices to be able to compare them to the other grocery store prices. For eg., I wrote down .21 for 100 grams of flour. Flour is $8.97 for 10 kg of flour at WM right now.

So, if you were to buy 10 kg of flour at BB, it would be 21.00...or more than twice as much.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

that's awful. it's really sad how we want more variety in terms of shopping stores, but when we do get something new, it's not a reasonably priced store for Kamloops.

But, at least there are major companies opening up in our community, I guess.

Thread Information