User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: savingsstoreonline.ca

BubbaSNuggles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just got a call from this company www.savingsstoreonline.ca
    they were offering me a gc of $100 if I signed up for a membership for the above company. They were saying I could save so much money and they give so many coupons by doing this..I said no thanks becuase I never purchse anything by phone like that. The membership was something like $16.95 A MONTH I said that is pretty extreme and I get my coupons for free.

Anyway has anyone heard of this company?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have never heard of them, but if you have to pay for coupons (membership) then that isn't good. The whole point is to save not spend money lol. But thanks for letting us know people are calling about this.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Mar 5th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

good that you turned them down it sounds extremly fishy
    i joined prize rebel and make 10 to 20 dollar amazon gist cards every two daysehttps://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=darwinsmistake

BubbaSNuggles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

seriously why on earth would they expect people to pay to get savings..coupons and other offers are free and promoted for business..yes sounded very fishy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaSnuggles View Post
    seriously why on earth would they expect people to pay to get savings..coupons and other offers are free and promoted for business..yes sounded very fishy

+1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got that phone call too so I paid $1.95 to join two websites for a two week trial period and was supposed to receive $100 in free gas...savingsstoreonline.ca and holidaysavingsonline.ca. I have not found anything of any value on either site so I will be canceling these memberships. Even the $100 of free gas is not going to happen. You have to mail in a registration form and only active members receive the $10 per week rebate certificate which has to be mailed with your original gas receipt. Too much work for $10 off. Each time I fill my tank it is $80 these days.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=BubbaSnuggles;4491422]I just got a call from this company www.savingsstoreonline.ca
    they were offering me a gc of $100 if I signed up for a membership for the above company. They were saying I could save so much money and they give so many coupons by doing this..I said no thanks becuase I never purchse anything by phone like that. The membership was something like $16.95 A MONTH I said that is pretty extreme and I get my coupons for free.

I too received a call this morning from savings online. I remember filling out about half of an IRewards survey, and the caller said she got my name from that. She gave me the same spiel, and I responded just as you did. It seems to me that the survey didn't mention anything about getting a call with offers.That's being a little deceptive, isn't it?
    The person who replied to you is right; it doesn't make sense to pay to receive coupons. I won't subscribe to a program where I have to make multiple purchases in order to get discounts.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received letters from this company and its twin, HolidaySavingsOnline, both telling me that my free trial period expired SEVERAL days ago and I would be billed $17.95 monthly from now on. I called to cancel and was told if I stayed I could send in my receipts and get 10% (!) back for gas, groceries, WalMart purchases. I said no thanks, just cancel, so eventually they did that, but I'm out $35.90. I don't recall signing up online or reading anything about the conditions of the wonderful deal! Amazing that they're still in business!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OKAY, Ladies!!

Here's how this works: they ask for money. They get hold of your credit card, even if you've pain $1 and good luck getting hold of them again to prevent them from taking more money out of your account as per any small print they have somewhere on their web-site.

Please, do NOT EVER send any money to ANY soliciting site!! Every single one of them IS a SCAM.
    Just fyi....
    ticul likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i never hear about this company, as you said if they dont give it free for trail i dont use it.

Thread Information