User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Shocked: SDM charged me twice for one transaction

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was so happy until I checked my Credit card online and found that there are 2 transactions mentioned there from SDM, $400 each. I bought $400 ($100 each) SDM gift cards on Saturday and then used 3 of those for PS4 purchase. And today I just opened my RBC account to see my statement and shocked that 2 separate ($400) transaction there. I called RBC and the guy on phone suggested me first contact that store and mention them their mistake. Hopefully they will solve that otherwise call them again on Friday and they will try to solve that. I will do that today.
    Any one have experience like this before. First time to me and really I'm still in shock and will be until it solved, $400 a huge amount for my family.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by uanoor; Mon, Nov 23rd, 2015 at 11:55 AM.
    Ciel, toronto166 and Davetherave like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by uanoor View Post
    I was so happy until I checked my Credit card online and found that there are 2 transactions mentioned there from SDM, $400 each. I bought $400 ($100 each) SDM gift cards on Saturday and then used 3 of those for PS4 purchase. And today I just opened my RBC account to see my statement and shocked that 2 separate ($400) transaction there. I called RBC and the guy on phone suggested me first contact that store and mention them their mistake. Hopefully they will solve that otherwise call them again on Friday and they will try to solve that. I will do that today.
    Any one have experience like this before. First time to me and really I'm still in shock and will be until it solved, $400 a huge amount for my family.
    I've had it happen before for a much lower $ amount. The credit card company was the one who looked into the issue since it was an unauthorized charge on my card.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh no . Do you still have your receipt for the original purchase? I'm sure they will fix it for you. I know it must be stressful, and will be, until its resolved. $400 is alot for our family too.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yes I have all the receipts for gift cards and PS4 purchase. Otherwise I never take care about gift card receipts but its only 2 days and those were still in my bag.
    Edit: I called SDM store and C.S lady on phone told me to come tomorrow morning with receipts and she will help me.
    Last edited by uanoor; Mon, Nov 23rd, 2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl and toronto166 like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dont worry it happens. It should be easy to detect. regardless you used CC so if shoppers doesnt help the cc issuer will.
    It should be corrected before your statement if you dont take your time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you are unable to resolve it at the store, you report it to the CC company as an unauthorized charge as others have said-the onus is then on the store to prove to the credit card company that you made $800 in gift card purchases and they will be unable to prove that because you didn't.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I know it's scary, but they will fix it. I had it happen once using my debit card at a seafood store.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks every one

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

We also had been charged for less amount twice, called credit card company and it was taken out. Good you checked immediately because $400 is too much

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    uanoor, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Let's hope the cc issuer also refunds the store the second percentage charge for the second transaction because that would be an extra expense on the store too.
    toronto166 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Glad you discovered it. Makes a person wonder how much goes undiscovered. I check credit card statements and online accounts on a regular basis as well as receipts. Just this past weekend I left 2 stores- Metro owing me 40.00 and SDM owing me 3.00.
    toronto166 likes this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks every one
    Please follow up and let us know how this was resolved by the store and/or credit card company
    toronto166 likes this.

akl
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This recently happened to me with parking. They charged me 3 times for 1 day. What a pita.
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went to that SDM today, they (store supervisor or manager) noted my ph#, photocoppied receipts and said they will check and will inform me. They recognized me because on Sunday I bought gift cards and ps4 from them.
    They said that they will check their system and inform me (not sure in how many days) and also suggested me to keep in touch with C.C company because most probably (in their view) its RBC system fault.
    Now I will call RBC tomorrow. I'm praying and hopeful about getting my money. Its a hue amount for our family and my husband worked hard for that.
    I will update here as soon got some new info.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

is one transaction showing under pending transaction and the other under posted transaction ? Or both are showing under posted transaction ?

RBC does that many times to me, when I buy something it shows under pending transaction for 1-2 days, after that it shows under posted transaction, but the pending transaction is NOT removed for some reason, so the same transaction shows under BOTH the pending and posted transaction for 1-2 days more. But finally the pending transaction disappears . I was shocked initially, why is it showing in both places, once its posted shouldn't the pending disappear ? Sometime my credit limit also gets affected due to this nonsense.

in your case if both transactions appear under posted transaction, there is an issue , otherwise if one is pending and the other is posted, you should be fine.

maybe the cashier screwed up or could also be some fraud from some SDM employee.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Tue, Nov 24th, 2015 at 10:49 PM.
    uanoor and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information