User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By -Talia-
  • 4 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Cash register display shows total as subtotal

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I tend to watch the cash register display very closely to make sure I am within the minimum shop requirements of any given promotion (SDM, Metro, Sobeys, Rexall ...) Nearly every store shows the ongoing subtotals and totals, along with an ongoing tax amount. That makes it straightforward to ensure that I buy the correct minimum amount.

Metro changed their cash register display some time back. It now shows a "subtotal" which is actually the total after taxes. Also, the display does not show the amount of the taxes until after the transaction is finalized. This makes it *very* difficult to come in close to their promotion requirements without accidentally dipping below them. (I often have to do fast shopping in a tight window between two non-matching work shifts, so I depend on accurate displays to supplement my lists.)

Has anyone else run into this? If someone has a digital camera, could we get pictures of the digital receipt and the paper receipt? I don't know whether this practice is outright illegal (inaccurate display?), but it certainly is not operating in good faith with the customer!

(I was furious at this change right from the beginning. Now I am close to tipping point.)
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro, Pharmaplus, Pharmaprix, Rexall PharmaPlus, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys
    Ciel, ticul, toronto166 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

As long as they do not claim it doesn't include taxes, there is nothing illegal about it. I don't think there is even a requirement to have an itemized screen for customers as they checkout
    Ciel, ticul, toronto166 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information