I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Geography at the University of Minnesota conducting a study on the consumption of counterfeit luxury goods, such as "fake" designer handbags, watches, and sunglasses (including brands like Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Burberry, etc.). The purpose of this study is to better understand the consumption of counterfeit luxury items and the spaces in which they are sold.

I am currently looking for study participants. If you have been involved in either buying or selling counterfeit luxury goods – whether on the street, in shops, at purse parties, or somewhere else – and are interested in participating in the study, please visit the study's website at www.consumingthecounterfeit.org, where you can make posts, answer questions, and participate in an online survey about counterfeit luxury goods.

I will also be conducting interviews and focus groups in New York City and Toronto over the next several months, so please let me know if you would like to take part in these by contacting me at [email protected]. Participants I meet with in person will be compensated for their time.

If you know anyone else who might be interested in sharing their valuable knowledge about counterfeit luxury goods, please pass this contact information on to them. Contributions will be anonymous in any written accounts of the work, and the identity of participants will be protected.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my dissertation research! I look forward to hearing from you.