Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Ontario Electricity Support Program Effective January 2016

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    hi,
    i'm a working adult but i rent basement from my parents' (their house). for the income criteria, does anyone know if they will add my income to my parents' income to determine the household income?

my tax return is registered with the house address and doesn't specify main floor, basement, etc.

thanks in advance.
    No they won't. If your name is NOT there on the Hydro bill.

if just your dad's or mom's ( or both ) name is on the Hydro bill, and if their income is less than the threshold, I think $ 28,000 ask them to apply , without putting your name anywhere on the form.

They will qualify.
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Charger View Post
    I applied last year, I am on LTD and CPP disability, my wife does not work.. and we were denied.... And whoever said it, it's NOT well advertised....
    Why ? Did your income go above $ 28,000 , if NOT , they should and have to give it to you. You should appeal, don't give up. Might be some error or glitch on their part.

they send the info to CRA to confirm income and sometimes CRA screws up. I know dome couple who are low income and on OAS and GIS, they get $ 400 property tax rebate from the city each year and they qualify for that.

when they applied for it, the city denied it, because they (city) sent the info to Service Canada to confirm they were on OAS and GIS. Service Canada screwed up and denied they are on GIS, so the city didn't give them $ 400 property tax rebate, can't blame the city for that.

then they faced all the documents to the City and proved that they ARE on OAS and GIS, so finally the city and Service Canada aplogised and paid them
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    hi,
    i'm a working adult but i rent basement from my parents' (their house). for the income criteria, does anyone know if they will add my income to my parents' income to determine the household income?

my tax return is registered with the house address and doesn't specify main floor, basement, etc.

thanks in advance.
    It is whoever is registered on the hydro bill that needs to apply.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Nov 4th, 2016 at 11:56 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information