User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone know of a Family Doctor who may be accepting new patients? I have spina bifida, hydrocephalus, and syringomyelia. I also have one kidney. My family doctor closed their practice and I am desperately needing a new doctor. If you know of a family doctor accepting patients in Saint John NB, please let me know. Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

You can try phoning the No Family Doctor Registry 648-6232. You will need to leave your name, address, and phone#. I was told to leave a message with them once a week and when a doctor becomes available they will call you.

But don't hold your breath because I have been on this list for a year and a half and still don't have a family doctor yet. The waiting list is huge.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My boyfriend has been on this list for over 2 years now. It is super hard to get a doctor.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I overheard a conversation at physio the other day that there is a doctor's office in Drury's Cove on east side that is new and taking patients.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Thank you for the heads up will have to call.

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

I pm'd you

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been on the list twice due to family doctors leaving family medicine for specialty practice.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a patient if the Drury Cove Clinic. They are new but have signs all over the doors that they are NOT accepting new patients. I waited over 3 years on that list before finally getting the call. I know that when they were first getting started they were sent 3000 people from the list!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by canadianlistener View Post
    I have been on the list twice due to family doctors leaving family medicine for specialty practice.

Oh that really sucks. It must be so frustrating. I hope that you can find someone. Another avenue that you may try is to have a relative or friend plead your situation to their own family doctor to take you on as a patient. I did that for a friend of mine who has a chronic illness and the doctor accepted him as a patient.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You Could try Dr. Neil Young. He is on the west side and at the regional 635-8727.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had read on another site that Dr. Young was possibly accepting new patients. I called his office and his secretary said he wasn't accepting new patients. I have asked my family members to check with their family doctors, but I haven't heard anything. I will assume their doctors are not accepting new patients.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I just thought about another place. What about the St. Josephs Community Health Centre?

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

If your relative or friend has a good relationship with their doctor, and/or has been a patient for a long time, this often works. We asked (even begged) our Doctor (the late Dr. Lordon) to take on my great grandparents while they were in their final years. Also, my finance convinced Dr. Thomas to take on his step-father as a patient. Good luck! If it's possible for you it seems like the better option!

Quote Originally Posted by jjwbuster View Post
    Oh that really sucks. It must be so frustrating. I hope that you can find someone. Another avenue that you may try is to have a relative or friend plead your situation to their own family doctor to take you on as a patient. I did that for a friend of mine who has a chronic illness and the doctor accepted him as a patient.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My parents just got a call on Friday for both of them at St. Joseph's for a new Dr. that has a clinic there.....give them a call.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

darlataz, do you have a specific phone number for the doctor or do I call the general St Joseph's number? Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information