User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilovecats

Thread: Walmart no longer issuing rain checks after March 1, 2016

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most grocery stores that allow price matching (e.g. FreshCo, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore) don't issue rain checks, so that might be one of the reasons why Walmart is doing the same.

From http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products/pricing:

"Can I get a rain check?
    We’re sorry — starting March 1, 2016, we won’t be issuing rain checks anymore. However, we will continue to honour all rain checks issued before March 1 in stores only."
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, FreshCo, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Mon, Apr 11th, 2016 at 02:19 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That, as well as the fact that the number of rainchecks being asked for was small. But what they want is for you to be able to get what you want in that shopping trip. So if they are out of stock of something in the flyer, if there is something similar you'd like to purchase, you just ask if that can be substituted in place of the out-of-stock product in the flyer for the flyer price. Yes, it may not work for all things (i.e. you only like 1 or 2 flavours of a frozen dinner that's on that week, so maybe there isn't a suitable substitute for you for that item), but if there is something that would work for you, just ask.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

we went to WM today and DH ask for a rain check and the CS person told him they no longer give them

how about yours ?
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

oups, i just check on ''Office de protection du consommateur'' and in QC they must offer a replacement or a rain check if the product on sale is no longer on available ....or i can make a complaint at the ''OPC'' .....do really have time and energy to spend
    on it ?.....

i think i should let go....
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's a nationwide thing now for them to stop handing out rainchecks. Although your province may differ due to the consumer protection laws in place.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh that is sad
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Did you hear that Walmart no longer gives out rain checks? I went today to get one for the warmers since they never had them everytime I went to this location and we were told they no longer give out rain checks so I checked the website and it confirms. I posted what was on their site below. I'm a little annoyed since they never have what they advertise when I go there and not I can't even get a rain check.

We’re sorry — starting March 1, 2016, we won’t be issuing rain checks anymore. However, we will continue to honour all rain checks issued before March 1 in stores only.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Wow! They are asking for irate customers. Now they can severely limit any specials too.

Thread Information