User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Canada Child Benefit Calculator.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I, for one, am beyond upset with some of the changes. They took away the education and text book credits for university students but upped the grant money student don't have to pay back. So, if you can prove that you don't have much money and your parents can't help you, then you can get a student loan with a grant attached.

We have always taught our boys you work hard when you are young and save hard for university or whatever - not spend it all. Our youngest is still in university. He is basically being punished for working hard and saving hard. No grants for him, even though we are low income. And, to top it all off, the education and textbook credits are being taken away so less credits when he does his income tax return.

I read that part about grants and text book credits and dint understand much. I am a stay at home parent and i am a part time student. When i enter my tuition fee info in my tax return i dont get anything back because i did not have any income and i did not pay any taxes. But does this new purposed change mean that i cant get a college/university grant/subsidy if i am not applying for a student loan as well? that's really cruel to force students to get loans if they want to get grants as well.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I wish there was an "unlike" button on SC. Not that i want to give your post an "unlike" status, i just dont like what i read here about $3.6 billion funding going down to $300 million.

And does anyone have a link to the article where it tells us what type of tax credits govt is taking back. I want to read all about it. Feeling butterflies+knots in my stomach right now!

However, if you ask people that don't have kids, what do you think they will say?????

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the link, momof5boys. I read the article and didn't understand much about it. But I can say one thing for sure. I will just save this extra money we'll be getting starting from this July. It's not for shopping or for wasting. Its for the kids. They are already eating healthier and staying warm in the house and in their clothes, so this extra money will go towards saving for their future. And who knows...when the new government comes...they will offer their new budget and we'll get wayyyy less than we will be getting starting form this July.
    Midnightly likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information