• 2 Post By bullet tooth
  • 4 Post By Mia
  • 1 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 2 Post By Arvilish
  • 2 Post By Mia001

Thread: LIGHTEST BB CREAM available on the market!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, hi, howdy!

I am having a bit of a problem ...

I love BB cream, and used to wear it every single day, without fail, which was a big thing for me, since makeup is not anywhere within my wheelhouse, and I generally go barefaced -- the most "glamming up" I'll do is apply roughly 300 coats of Blackest Black-shade mascara then watch the streaks run down to my feet in the shower, but dang if I didn't look sultry as heck for the whole day previous!

I was using this BB cream, first L'Oreal Youth Code in their palest colour, then a Garnier one whose name I cannot fully recall, again in the lightest colour, then a couple of samples, a couple of 'borrow-samples' from friends, and ... well, let's just say that I'm in dire need of a makeup mirror with a 'Sunlight' setting, because every single one was too dark for me, though I didn't ever notice when applying in the bathroom.

However, I caught a glimpse in an outdoor mirror, and I'm displeased to tell you that for months, I had been sporting an orange-ish mask on my face, smoothed down my neck, and occasionally hitting my Décolletage depending on the dip of my shirt's neckline, though those areas never actually EVEN BLENDED IN TOGETHER.

DISGRACEFUL: I was a straight-up wreck and nobody told me (probably thinking that I knew and didn't care, or too embarrassed for me or themselves to point it out to my poor, dumb, pumpkin face) despite having gone on dates, to job interviews, to work, out socially, the list goes on ...

Enough back story? This was awhile ago and I am still trying to choke back my frustration and ever-so-mild rage!

I AM TOO PALE FOR "LIGHT."

BUT THEY GO NO LIGHTER!!!

I also happen to have yellow undertones in the skin on my face, says a cosmetician I don't fully believe after she told me the skin on my body had rosy pink undertones. I wasn't even aware that you could be a patchwork of undertones, which really shows you more of the depth of my cosmetic knowledge!

Despite this mini-disaster (and hecka embarrassment for me), I still love the feel and smoothing of BB cream, and am ready to get back on the horse, prvided it isn't as poorly tinted as my first ride.

So -- what is the LIGHTEST BB CREAM CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET?

I don't care if it's from Korea (no China, though) or the USA or Portugal or New Zealand or Austria.

I don't care if it's unavailable for purchase anywhere in Canada, and I am stuck buying it exclusively online.

I would prefer that, if you have intimate knowledge of it, you not steer me toward anything particularly greasy, or wildly, prohibitively, bugnut expensive (though since I am currently sitting at Level: No Options, I could not begin to tell you what is "too expensive," as I'd have to do some comparison).

I'd love it if I could get a sample of it first, but this strikes me as a pipe dream, and I will settle for being able to initially be able to get the smallest tube they manufacture.

I will be going to Sephora at some point in my very-soon life, as I hear that they've got some space age doo hicky that gives you a number that corresponds to your shade of skin and which of their makeup you should buy (which I would just scribble down and use it to look for dupes that go for less-bananas prices), and will be exhausting whomever is working that day and unlucky enough to get me and my barrage of questions.

In the meantime, I would really love some input from "non-experts," who perhaps have a similar issue, or just happen to know of something that may really benefit me, help me in my (seemingly) impossible quest -- so pale, this face, like the underbelly of a cold fish, that drug stores don't even possess the level of ghostiness I require in something to smear all over my above-shirt area skin.

Thank you, well in advance, to ANYONE who has anything to say ... even if it's just laughter at me, hahaha.
    This thread is currently associated with: Sephora
    seylz_gurl and Davetherave like this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

You need a tinted moisturizer in the lightest shade not a BB cream. I am in the same "boat", all the lightest BB creams I tried (and I tried many, many dozens, believe me) looked either orange, or with some grey cast on me. If your cosmetician says that you are a yellows skin-toned girl but your body has rosy pink undertones that means that your facial skin is neutral not yellow toned. Because by no means any BB cream can match your pink-ish neck as all the BB creams have yellow under tone. I know that for sure Why? Because initially BB creams have been "invented" in Korea for Korean, or Asian, women. Asian women have yellow skin tone, and that means even the lightest BB cream on a European woman, who has a neutral or pink-ish skin tone, will look either orange, or with a grey cast. Hence, BB creams are more suitable for yellow skin tone people.

But another thing - tinted moisturizers. Of course, not any lightest shade will match your skin tone perfectly, you have to look for the right one. But, at least, there is a chance, you'll find that.

For example, I found my perfect tinted moisturizer in Laura Mercier make up line, and that shade is in Porcelain. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue is another good option, too, in the shade Opal 01. Also Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector with SPF 43 in Colour 1 is pretty good, too.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Garnier is the WORST. Light = orange. No matter how conservative you apply it , you still look like an oompa loompa.

Definitely check out Sephora or M.A.C. I`m just looking at Sephora's site, Smashbox has really good reviews for several of their BB creams - which happen to be at Shoppers if you have a large beauty section inside yours or a beauty boutique. You could even try there.

I find "drug store brands" very hard to find good, quality items. Unfortunately.
    bullet tooth likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

PS. Their travel size happens to be slightly cheaper than the full size

http://www.sephora.com/camera-ready-..._p300339_image
    bullet tooth likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

THIS IS AN AMAZING REVELATION, THANK YOU!

I don't know how much I believe that cosmetician -- I went to her the first time when I was sick and sallow from lack of sleep and she noticed no difference when I was back, healthy, and a completely different colour in the face, according to two human friends and a pretty trustworthy mirror.

Now, to look for tinted moisturizer! I'm starting low-end to keep my expectations and initial cost down ... your suggestions sound awesome but spendy

Thank you again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    You need a tinted moisturizer in the lightest shade not a BB cream. I am in the same "boat", all the lightest BB creams I tried (and I tried many, many dozens, believe me) looked either orange, or with some grey cast on me. If your cosmetician says that you are a yellows skin-toned girl but your body has rosy pink undertones that means that your facial skin is neutral not yellow toned. Because by no means any BB cream can match your pink-ish neck as all the BB creams have yellow under tone. I know that for sure Why? Because initially BB creams have been "invented" in Korea for Korean, or Asian, women. Asian women have yellow skin tone, and that means even the lightest BB cream on a European woman, who has a neutral or pink-ish skin tone, will look either orange, or with a grey cast. Hence, BB creams are more suitable for yellow skin tone people.

But another thing - tinted moisturizers. Of course, not any lightest shade will match your skin tone perfectly, you have to look for the right one. But, at least, there is a chance, you'll find that.

For example, I found my perfect tinted moisturizer in Laura Mercier make up line, and that shade is in Porcelain. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue is another good option, too, in the shade Opal 01. Also Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector with SPF 43 in Colour 1 is pretty good, too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm with you fully about Garnier ... I had higher expectations of L'Oreal for whatever reason, but all the feedback I'm getting is steering me away from drug store brands (with the exception of some available at any SDM Beauty Boutique) and onto better brands which is an all-over better way to go about makeup: spend the dough on something you know will work because you've tested it and asked people and all signs point to high end, rather than dumping out your coinpurse every few weeks on a new tube of disappointment.

Thank you so much for your reply and for the link! I have some Sephoraing to do already so I will just make some notes about additional questions to pelt the employee with ... man, I should bring in a coffee and give her 20 minutes to prepare herself for the annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Garnier is the WORST. Light = orange. No matter how conservative you apply it , you still look like an oompa loompa.

Definitely check out Sephora or M.A.C. I`m just looking at Sephora's site, Smashbox has really good reviews for several of their BB creams - which happen to be at Shoppers if you have a large beauty section inside yours or a beauty boutique. You could even try there.

I find "drug store brands" very hard to find good, quality items. Unfortunately.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

You can get those lightening drops at the Body Shop for lightening the shade of your foundation. I have been intrigued by them, might be worth a try for adjusting the shade of a product you really like.

Apparently titanium dioxide is what the industry uses for white pigment in foundations. mineral sunscreen uses the same ingredient apparently for it's sunblocking properties. I have a foundation I want to get a lighter shade of, but I don't want to go out and buy another bottle, so I was thinking of mixing a little bit of my sunscreens with TD with the foundation to tone down the color.

Might be something worth experimenting with BB creams and tinted moisturizers if you need a more fair color.
    bullet tooth likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I wouldn't knock drug store brands just yet, there are some pretty good ones. Although sometimes it is hit and miss.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had NO IDEA that there was EVEN SUCH A THING as lightening drops, wow! Gonna investigate the HECK outta that, right now!

:D

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    You can get those lightening drops at the Body Shop for lightening the shade of your foundation. I have been intrigued by them, might be worth a try for adjusting the shade of a product you really like.

Apparently titanium dioxide is what the industry uses for white pigment in foundations. mineral sunscreen uses the same ingredient apparently for it's sunblocking properties. I have a foundation I want to get a lighter shade of, but I don't want to go out and buy another bottle, so I was thinking of mixing a little bit of my sunscreens with TD with the foundation to tone down the color.

Might be something worth experimenting with BB creams and tinted moisturizers if you need a more fair color.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

MAC has a white foundation
    http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...ndation-120-ml

Illamasqua has one as well, but it is harder to find

You can use the pure white foundations like you would use the Body Shop Lightening drops. You add white to your darker foundation, et voila!

On the flip side, if you have a sunscreen moisturizer you love, you can add color to it using the Cover FX custom color drops. You are just using the concentrated drops to add color to a lotion that you already love.
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 03:51 PM.
    bullet tooth likes this.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Have you tried Korean ones? They are quite whitish!
    anisa and bullet tooth like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

to me any brand lighter BB cream is alway too dark....
    Mia and bullet tooth like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Thread Information