User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Retail openings and closings

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Opening- May 27 at Mapleview Centre: Topman and Topshop at Hudson's Bay! https://www.mapleviewcentre.com/prom...grand-opening/

Grand Opening-May27/28 the Jysk store at South Hamilton Square (Upper James St.). Same specials are on offer at the Burlington and Stoney Creek stores but at the Upper James store (open at 8am on Sat!), the first 200 customers will receive a $25 bonus card to use that weekend. Per flyer in today's community paper bundle. I saw the sign installation being completed and a staffer handling the Grand Opening banner. So happy to see all the construction fencing gone! Not sure who was going in and out of store-maybe a soft opening?

Stroller Day-Sat. June 3 at Snuggle Bugz 1030 Sutton Dr Burlington location (per today's flyer in community paper).
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, May 24th, 2017 at 11:36 PM.
    barbis9 and Linda Evans like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Open-Starbucks in Lime Ridge Mall (patio-must be where Spring Rolls resto used to be at the front of the mall). Grand opening info for tomorrow:
    We’re thrilled to announce the arrival of Starbucks at CF Lime Ridge!
    Whether you're in the mood for an ice cold Frappuccino, a dark roast coffee or a delectable treat, Starbucks has got it all. Check out their new location on the lower level by entrance #6. With the warmer weather coming up, their patio is the ultimate place to be!

Look out for their grand opening event on Saturday May 27th at upper centre court from 1pm - 4pm. Starbucks will be hosting a tasting seminar and a chance to win some prizes! Be sure to check them out for a full coffeehouse experience!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw an ad in the newspaper about the Bad Boy Ancaster opening-Breakfast Television will be doing live draws for the $100000 in giveaways. There's a promo video on the chain's website: https://www.badboy.ca/ancaster

If BT is really going to be doing a live remote location in Ancaster, think that might be a good cue to help get a crowd to show up early.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Opened-May 25 Treasure Hunt store in Flamborough Power Centre. Saw a job ad posted on a website.
    This store is the one I knew of in Dixie Outlet Mall that a blogger said stocked some Target merchandise. Here's hoping some local SCers can report on what the Waterdown store might have in Target stock.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reopened-Wendel Clark's eatery in the Lister Block in Hamilton. It's Art Crawl night tonight btw.
    http://www.thespec.com/news-story/73...-lister-block/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Grand opening on Thursday un 15-the new Ancaster Bad Boy Furniture store (Ancaster Meadowlands in the former Target store now populated with Marshalls, DSW, and Homesense) with live BT Toronto broadcast of the giveaway draws from 6-9am.
    Saturday Jun 17-Chapters Ancaster officially become Indigo Ancaster. First 50 people in line (children under16 must be accompanied by an adult) in front of the door at 9:30 will receive $25 gift cards. Store was getting new outdoor paint on Saturday and so was the next door Starbucks.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Store only closing _Stermann's Interiors has advertised in the local papers that the retail store outside of downtown Hamilton will be closing. However, their custom order/by appt. curtain business will continue.

I took a look at the new Indigo Ancaster-the back upper level is like a separate room. I will miss the old carpet and dark wood fixtures. The new ashy tall bookcases will help with acoustics to keep noise down. Even Starbucks changed their tables and chairs. While the upper level is full of fiction titles, the bookcases at the front of that same section by the stairs feature $15 and lower priced non fiction titles in cooking/health and other categories (some hardcover deals to be had!). There's A Room of Her own section for gifts for women. Some fun zippered zodiac pouches with hashtags that will make you laugh! I see gift potential for an occasion coming up this year.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Opened-the Barkin Bin Humane Society Thrift store on Pinegrove Rd in Oakville. It's a volunteer-run donation store with proceeds going to the Oakville Milton Humane Society. Mentioned in the July issue of Forever Young. Certain donated goods are accepted (i.e. clothing, accessories & shoes).
    http://omhs.ca/thrift-store/
    http://omhs.ca/thrift-store-donations/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Grand re-opening and open house: Blue Cross Animal Hospital, 612 King St. W, Hamilton. Sat. July 9 at 1pm. Source: The Spec.

Store closing sale: Applegate & James furniture store, Hwy 6 South between Mt. Hope and Caledonia. Source: commercial on CH tv two days ago. http://applegateandjames.com/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Opened at 4pm today-new Pizza Hut at Trinity Wilson Commons, Ancaster. West Hamilton lost its Main West location some months ago.
    Opening soon in same plaza area: Massage Addict, Sunset Grill, Popeyes. All have hiring ads in the windows or on banner. Not sure when Bar Burrito will open.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Aug 7th, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

From reading July back issue of the Burlington Post:

1) Rosehill Liquidations has opened its Burlington location at 901 Guelph Line. http://rosehilloutlets.ca/

From the calendar in the August Snapd Burlington monthly paper
    2) Value Village at 2030 Appleby Line will have its grand opening from 8:45am-10am.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ancaster-the Emilio's pizza place is no more. The current business is called Joe's Pizza Pasta and Subs.
    Emilio's has a different location that still is open in Dundas.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Opened-May 25 Treasure Hunt store in Flamborough Power Centre. Saw a job ad posted on a website.
    This store is the one I knew of in Dixie Outlet Mall that a blogger said stocked some Target merchandise. Here's hoping some local SCers can report on what the Waterdown store might have in Target stock.
    me & hubby were there last wk (waterdown) it looked like target when they were closing down....the items are a mixture of clothes, food,lawn stuff, electronic. make sure u plug in to see if it works...some /most are returned items...prices anywhere from30% -80% off. i bought a soft throw blanket for $4-
    i only saw 2 people on the floor working & the place was so disheveled.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    me & hubby were there last wk (waterdown) it looked like target when they were closing down....the items are a mixture of clothes, food,lawn stuff, electronic. make sure u plug in to see if it works...some /most are returned items...prices anywhere from30% -80% off. i bought a soft throw blanket for $4-
    i only saw 2 people on the floor working & the place was so disheveled.
    I really appreciate reading your review! Sounds similar to the Bed & Bath warehouse store at Queenston Rd & Nash in Hamilton. Have to see if the Flamborough store might be on the bus route (18-Waterdown) as I've not been out in that area by public transit yet. I'd like to scope the Target items. Recall an SCer had requested night light find and don't know if she's had online luck finding it.

Would like to check the bath items-towels are plain in the Hamilton store and there are limited shower curtain options. Just noticed the Facebook page for the Treasure Hunt chain-pics of recent stock arrivals at different store locations. The store lighting inside Treasure Hunt is very good; seeing the Target dept signs in the photos-bliss! Signed up to get e-mail notices for Mississauga and Waterdown stores.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Aug 22nd, 2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Linda Evans likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Opening-Aug. 26 at Oakville Place, new Topman and Topshop stores. https://twitter.com/RioCanOakville/s...69531134726145

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information