I have gaps between my foundation and grass...seems to be due to shrinkage. I need to keep the area moist to cause it to expand back. I just bought a soaker hose. It came with a regulator (for pressure). I was reading on-line that people suggest using a back flow valve as well? I went to Home Depot and the guy said they don't sell any for hoses. Is it really necessary? Also where do I attach the pressure regulator? Do I attach it straight to the spigot...or between my garden hose and soaker hose? Thanks for any help.