Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By rockco
  • 1 Post By Miss Molly
  • 2 Post By rockco
  • 1 Post By maple7
  • 1 Post By rockco
  • 1 Post By maple7
  • 1 Post By rockco

Thread: Pay $45 for $50 Canadian Tire Gift Card at Rexall (Expires June 9/16)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Sat, Jun 11th, 2016
    10% off on the $50 Canadian Gift cards at Rexall, thus pay only $45. Valid to June 9, 2016.

Since gift cards do not have an expiration date, they're great combined with a sale for every day essentials, hardware needs, garden needs, last minute purchases for an emergency, automotive parts and maintenance work on cars. As well, the gift cards can be used at any Canadian Tire gas bar.

Important reminder, Father's Day is looming, so these would make fantastic gifts!

Name:  CT GC.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  21.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus
    maple7 and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I picked one up yesterday because I needed new bird feeders, which I bought today. Great deal!
    rockco likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Thursday, June 9th, Canadian Tire has their 1-day promotion 20x. What this means is if you use the eMoney Perks card, you get $.08 for each $1 spent.

If you have an Canadian Tire Options Credit Card, you get $.12 for each $1 spent. This is because Options Credit Card normally receive 10x ($ .04/$1), so on 20x Promotion Days, they get 10x ($.04/$1) + 20x ($.08/$1) = $ .12/$1.

So, this is just a reminder about the discounted $50 gift cards. If you don't have a Canadian Tire Options card and plan to shop on June 9th 20x promotion, be sure to buy the discounted $50 gift cards at Rexall prior to shopping at Canadian Tire.

Name:  CT BIG 20x.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  19.9 KB
    list465 and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used one today to filled up on gas since you earn "Canadian Tire money" when you use giftcards as payment. Received 4% back (14x multiplier this week) on top of the 10% off the giftcard.
    rockco likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since I'm fully stocked on discounted CT GCs, I plan to pay my automotive maintenance with the discounted gift cards instead of Canadian Tire Options credit card. Cause, I automatically save $.10/$1 with the gift card. With the 20x promo, I'm saving $ .08 / $1, thus, it's a total of $ .18/$ savings.

Whereas with the Options Credit card, it's 30x which is a savings of $ .12 /$1, less compared to $0.18 / $1.

@maple7 , me too! 95% of time, I get gas at CT with the discounted GCs. Even better when the CT gas bar has the 1 day promotion of $0.10 off / litre. Lots of discount stacking and eMoney earned.
    maple7 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    Since I'm fully stocked on discounted CT GCs, I plan to pay my automotive maintenance with the discounted gift cards instead of Canadian Tire Options credit card. Cause, I automatically save $.10/$1 with the gift card. With the 20x promo, I'm saving $ .08 / $1, thus, it's a total of $ .18/$ savings.

Whereas with the Options Credit card, it's 30x which is a savings of $ .12 /$1, less compared to $0.18 / $1.

@maple7 , me too! 95% of time, I get gas at CT with the discounted GCs. Even better when the CT gas bar has the 1 day promotion of $0.10 off / litre. Lots of discount stacking and eMoney earned.
    @rockco, I use ct giftcards for car maintenance as well, they are always surprised, I guess many don't. Do you have the options credit card? We got it a couple of years ago since you can use it to pay for bills that need to be paid through a bank and can't be paid on a credit card. I only use it at Canadian Tire, Sportchek, Marks and to pay all the non credit card bills (hydro, property taxes, kids' schools). It doesn't pay much, but beats getting nothing when you pay through the bank.
    Last edited by maple7; Tue, Jun 7th, 2016 at 10:28 PM.
    rockco likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    @rockco, I use ct giftcards for car maintenance as well, they are always surprised, I guess many don't. Do you have the options credit card? We got it a couple of years ago since you can use it to pay for bills that need to be paid through a bank and can't be paid on a credit card. I only use it at Canadian Tire, Sportchek, Marks and to pay all the non credit card bills (hydro, property taxes, kids' schools). It doesn't pay much, but beats getting nothing when you pay through the bank.
    I do the same for utilities (water, hydro, property tax, gas) pay through Options Credit Card and earn eMoney, and the rest are paid using a high return credit card. Every $1 spent is earning money. Thanks for the share, nice to know I'm also earning at the maximum potential like you, an experienced canucker.
    Last edited by rockco; Wed, Jun 8th, 2016 at 01:26 AM.
    maple7 likes this.

Thread Information