• 2 Post By redjello
  • 2 Post By couponlady
  • 2 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By redjello
  • 1 Post By samm07

Thread: scop question

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a question re scop if anyone can help: at superstore yesterday, watermelon on for $4.98 so I grab one. at the cash she charges $5.98, I did'nt notice til I was scanning my bill on the way out so I turn back and go to customer service. she takes $1 off and I say 'should'nt I get it free?' she says no the cashier just put in the wrong code. Even after calling for a manager they would'nt scop it. Is that right? In the rants section because I was a little upset!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

If the cashier entered the wrong code, you cannot ask for SCOP. If the code was right and the price came up wrong, you can definitely ask for SCOP.
    cath007 and bargaincoupon like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlady View Post
    If the cashier entered the wrong code, you cannot ask for SCOP. If the code was right and the price came up wrong, you can definitely ask for SCOP.
    I second that. It was rung in wrong, not priced wrong.

The SCOP exists to ensure retailers have their pricing up to date... not to ensure their staff don't make manual mistakes.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Jun 12th, 2016 at 03:52 PM.
    cath007 and agarla like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ok thanks
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was a good question @redjello If SCOP was explained better in the stores more people would use it
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a related question. I purchased something yesterday and didn't realize until I got home that the wrong price had been charged. Can I return with the receipt and get credited for the SCOP? Or does it have to be done in the moment?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoodle View Post
    I have a related question. I purchased something yesterday and didn't realize until I got home that the wrong price had been charged. Can I return with the receipt and get credited for the SCOP? Or does it have to be done in the moment?
    Since this is not a 'legal' thing, the actual SCOP guidelines don't specify any terms as it pertains to when the notice of the incorrect price shall be given. However, the guidelines imply that it should be done at the point of purchase.

You can read up on the SCOP guidelines found here: http://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-accuracy

ADDENDUM:
    My only additional comment to this concern is that there's no proof that the price was incorrect when you made the purchase, just that it's incorrect "now" (upon your return). It could be argued that the correct price was posted then, but is not now... and that ringing the item up now might actually yield the posted price.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Jun 19th, 2016 at 10:18 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think SCOP is the best thing since sliced bread I've done it many times, I just wondered this time..
    that and the deal of the week at ss is how I get most of my freebies there

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

This happened to me yesterday too 😡 I was late picking up my son from daycare and didn't notice until I got home he tortellini I purchased that said $4.04 I was charged $5.49! Grrrr I bought 5 too because they had 50% tags. So I thought wow $2! Super cheap dinners. I'm angry over it all lol. Learned my lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could try. At the very least you'd get the correct price.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

you should have got the SCOP. If the item had a sticker price on it, then no. But in this case, you should have, even if the cashier entered the wrong code

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    you should have got the SCOP. If the item had a sticker price on it, then no. But in this case, you should have, even if the cashier entered the wrong code
    No, SCOP does not apply if the cashier entered the wrong code.

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Scop is based on computer pricing error, not cashier error and errors occasionally happen when you have to know literally dozens of codes. It is unfortunate for the inconvenience but customer service did all they are allowed to do for you.

Thread Information