• 2 Post By Ciel
  • 4 Post By My two Canadian cents
  • 4 Post By Vov76
  • 2 Post By dahliagrower
  • 4 Post By cheerydeer

Thread: SDM points to PC points

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

This is a question - Can anyone explain which are worth more and who might be getting the e-mails to transfer? My brother got an e-mail to switch one set of the points to another. Now I'm not even remembering which way it goes.

So which are worth more on cashing them in??? Is it worth changing if you get the invite to do so? I know that SDM points are worth more on mega-refund days - I've been saving up and am nearly at the 95,000 but if they are not going to do the mega-redemptions anymore, then it might be worth it to transfer........HELP!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Davetherave likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I can only tell you that to move the 10000 PC Plus points over to Optimum means a loss of 2000 pts so that the Optimum points total is 8000 ($10 redemption value).
    I'm not aware of equal value points offers between the two accounts. The exchange seems set up based on redemption levels in each program.
    I just tried the Optimum to PC exchange link. You need 8000 Optimum to get 10000 PC Plus points so in that way, each program is a $10 out>$10 in equivalent.
    Which store works best for you, that is the points program you move towards.
    Vov76, agarla and Davetherave like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It all comes down to what you need to buy. A lot of people are switching because of better selection for PC points. Meat, fruits, vegetables etc. Those things are not available at SDM. Plus you can price match at No Frills and RCSS.

I currently have an offer of transferring 22,000 optimum points for 30,000 PC points. It gives you the same number of rewards of $30 and at this level it makes sense to switch, however if you compare top tier, then 95,000 optimum points would be worth $200 on a bonus redemption day ($170 regular) and if I exchange 22,000 four times it would give me 120,000 PC points (value of $120) and I would only have 7,000 Optimum points left. So $170-200 versus $120 and 7k Optimum points.

So if you have a lot of stuff you need to buy at SDM, then redeeming Optimum points at SDM would give you a better value.
    Ciel, agarla, momi and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    It all comes down to what you need to buy. A lot of people are switching because of better selection for PC points. Meat, fruits, vegetables etc. Those things are not available at SDM. Plus you can price match at No Frills and RCSS.
    Some SDMs sell fruits and vegetables and some meat.
    Ciel, agarla and maple7 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    Some SDMs sell fruits and vegetables and some meat.
    Super expensive cucumbers? Who is buying those? Certainly not Smart Canucks members

EDIT - Yes, technically some of them do have a very limited selection but not where OP shops. OP is located in Southwestern Ontario and on the list I only see stores in Toronto and one in Hamilton.
    Last edited by Vov76; Tue, Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:36 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I switched about 300$ worth points from SDM to PC so that I can get a Sears GC to buy an appliance. SDM doesnot have Sears GC. so that was my way to go.
    Koodo - gets 25$ for both of us
    https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/7QdCWWt

Get Free Gift Cards & Cash for everyday things you do online
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Swaggycindy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Super expensive cucumbers? Who is buying those? Certainly not Smart Canucks members

EDIT - Yes, technically some of them do have a very limited selection but not where OP shops. OP is located in Southwestern Ontario and on the list I only see stores in Toronto and one in Hamilton.
    You might be surprised. I bought cucumbers for 49 cents at Shoppers a few weeks ago when no one had them under .99 (regular price was $1.49 at Shoppers). 519 area code, smartcanucks find deals everywhere!

I agree with your point, more and better opportunities converting to pcplus.
    Last edited by maple7; Sat, Apr 16th, 2016 at 05:55 PM.
    Ciel, Super Mel and Vov76 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Toronto area SCers had posted in the past about food finds on sale at their local produce/meat Shoppers. I had to check the link to see which Hamilton store was listed-it's right across the street from the local university. I have to see what's changed in-store to make way for produce/meat as a Loblaws banner grocery store is also nearby a few blocks away in one direction and a Food Basics store is a few blocks away in the other direction.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Toronto area SCers had posted in the past about food finds on sale at their local produce/meat Shoppers. I had to check the link to see which Hamilton store was listed-it's right across the street from the local university. I have to see what's changed in-store to make way for produce/meat as a Loblaws banner grocery store is also nearby a few blocks away in one direction and a Food Basics store is a few blocks away in the other direction.
    At the two large SDMs I regularly go to, to make way for produce and meat they removed the photocopying machine, shelves that held magazines and books, the electronics desk, and the photo kiosk.
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Sun, Apr 17th, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Ciel, lecale, Vov76 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    At the two large SDMs I regularly go to, to make way for produce and meat they removed the photocopying machine, shelves that held magazines and books, the electronics desk, and the photo kiosk.
    Hopefully more SDMs will be adding produce and meat
    Ciel, agarla, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

At RCSS can you use your PC points to buy gift cards? That might be a reason to move points over as you can't use your SDM points to buy gift cards..... I have the offer on one of our cards - expires tomorrow - not sure why there is a limited time to switch....
    Ciel and dededi like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I have pcplus and optimum card, but I never got the offer to exchange points. I really want to exchange optimum points to pc points. How can I get the exchange offer?
    Ciel, dizzyb, ishyx0x and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

HQ made the determination as to who was offered the PC Plus<>Shoppers Optimum points exchange via emails in April. I had kept the links but two weeks ago when I tried to see if either one was active again, I got error messages rather than the landing pages. There were SCers with high points balances who did not see the offer but HQ did a bonus points offer in June over two days if PC Plus members redeemed high points at stores.

Thread Information