• 1 Post By alohamom
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Arvilish

Thread: My unusual haul

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My bro wanted to gift me anything from Guerlain for this year present but I denied because I refused to let him pay $75 for Lindt-lookalike balls, or foundation (I don;t mind my Mac foundation). He refused to buy me chocolate. Sephora sent me coupon and it did not work as it was intended for Vibs. I called and they sent me a reward or something for $15 off. It ended up being $20 Canadian. So I asked him to buy him Givenchy Le Prisme Blush Powder Blush for $50 minus $20 coupon, so I got it for $35. I don;t use blush but it is multi usage product so I can use it for many purposes.

Yes I bought coupon to buy fancy make up!

Name:  20161216_191109.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  499.8 KB

My dad is still scratching his head in surprise "you are so impossible"

heheh

Oh there were some samples too
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Sephora
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sat, Dec 17th, 2016 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added 'let him'
    dagney, Tweets77, Ciel and 7 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good for you! That's using your "Smart Canucks" savvy!
    Ciel, Shwa Girl, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If my teenaged daughter knew she could 'coupon' expensive make-up (especially at Sephora) I think she would WILLINGLY follow in my footsteps for a change
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Awesome!
    Ciel likes this.

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theexxx View Post
    If my teenaged daughter knew she could 'coupon' expensive make-up (especially at Sephora) I think she would WILLINGLY follow in my footsteps for a change
    LOL this is my first time every buying those expensive make up. Never bought anything from Givenchy. I am impressed.

Now my bro wants me to gift him Chanel perfume. Lets see if I can do anything about it.
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Dec 18th, 2016 at 02:20 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm glad you're happy with your deal but I don't understand how you bought the coupon? If you bought it, how did you save money? What is vibs?
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I'm glad you're happy with your deal but I don't understand how you bought the coupon? If you bought it, how did you save money? What is vibs?
    Oh for sure!

I did not buy the coupon! I am Sephora Beauty Insider, which means I have spent less than $350, well to be precise $75. There are three different types of reward thingy:

Beauty Insider:0-$349
    VIB: $350-999
    roge?: $1000

Each year, they send those $15 off coupon wus $50 if you are subscribe to their super annoying subscription thingy. I have never used mine and I always gave mine away to SC member.

This year, I got the coupon again but since my bro decided to exchange the gift this year so I wanted him to use that coupon. But it gave me error. I think Sephora mistakenly gave me $20 coupon intended for VIB. So I gave the coupon away to of course an SC member. I thought to let the coupon go but decided to give cs a call. Over the phone, he gave me a pin and # of some sort (instead of a coupon code; weird!) and asked me to put that as a gift card in the payment. it was worth $15 but it was in USD. So with super lame exchange rate, I ended up getting that $ USD 15 as $20 off Canadian.

Fun story: I wanted to get those cute Guerlain balls that reminds me of different Lindt. But I settled for something exactly $50 minus $15 (applied as $20) plus $5 tax (wow). The final cost was exactly $35. I did not want to rip my bro off so I think $35 is not too bad :p I actually made him save money so he could buy me a present because why not #SCMember

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Dec 18th, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information