• 4 Post By sirandrewr
  • 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 3 Post By super807
  • 2 Post By Silk
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 3 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By Arjon

Thread: What happens when there's a day between flyer dates?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Like today... the previous flyer ended on Jun 29 and the next one's start date is Jul 1. Does that mean everything is full-price today? That doesn't "feel right", so I'm wondering if anyone actually knows.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Jul 1st, 2017 at 04:18 AM.
    Ciel, Anna Michele and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today is a great time to see if your neighbourhood SDM participates in Double Ad Fridays. Use the price checker on next week sale items to find out if you get the current or next week sale price.

6 Days of Savings means on Friday at 8 pm I can get the flyer sales for the following week. If the 1 or 2 Day sale event is on Saturday then I can get that as well. I can use the current end on Friday personalized coupons and any product promotions too. I cannot get point promos that start on Saturday.
    Ciel, 4sure5, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Sales fot the week have ended last night at midnight you can get next week sales this evening 7-8pm at the earliest

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel and Arjon like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I get the next week's sale prices starting at 4 pm. My SDM closes at 10pm, it's not a 24 hour store. But I don't get Saturday only prices.
    Ciel, dededi and Arjon like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Like today... the previous flyer ended on Jun 29 and the next one's start date is Jul 1. Does that mean everything is full-price today? That doesn't "feel right", so I'm wondering if anyone actually knows.
    The stores that usually change their prices as of Friday late afternoon/early evening still do that. Otherwise, prices go back to normal non-sale prices until the new flyer officially takes effect. I forgot once and ended up paying full price one Friday - didn't notice till after I got home and saw the receipt.
    Ciel and Arjon like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, store charges regular prices on a non-flyer day. My local store closes at 10pm as well-I think once by chance I went on a Friday night and got Saturday flyer pricing on an item. Wish the stores were consistent on when the flyer prices go live in store and would post the information for customers to know. Actually, all the flyers ought to have the flyer expiry date and hour published, so that information would be known.
    Otherwise, if flyer ends on Thursday, I do expect the flyer prices to last until close of business on Thursday or 11:59pm.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Jul 1st, 2017 at 09:14 AM.
    Arjon likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    The stores that usually change their prices as of Friday late afternoon/early evening still do that. Otherwise, prices go back to normal non-sale prices until the new flyer officially takes effect. I forgot once and ended up paying full price one Friday - didn't notice till after I got home and saw the receipt.
    I only found out quite recently how much more I could save by using the Optimum program more efficiently, but now that I've started to do so, I almost shudder at the idea of paying full price for anything at SDM. :p

Fwiw, I was in a mall yesterday where there's an SDM that closes at 9pm, so I went in just to ask and was told there was nothing on sale except for a few clear-outs, so presumably store-specific items.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I only found out quite recently how much more I could save by using the Optimum program more efficiently, but now that I've started to do so, I almost shudder at the idea of paying full price for anything at SDM.

Fwiw, I was in a mall yesterday where there's an SDM that closes at 9pm, so I went in just to ask and was told there was nothing on sale except for a few clear-outs, so presumably store-specific items.
    Next time don't ask scan next week sale items they should be in the system except for Saturday only sales

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel, super807 and Arjon like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Next time don't ask scan next week sale items they should be in the system except for Saturday only sales
    Thanks to you and to the person who PM'd me the same tip. I'll be sure to remember it. Luckily, it didn't matter this time since I wasn't looking to buy anything regardless.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I only found out quite recently how much more I could save by using the Optimum program more efficiently, but now that I've started to do so, I almost shudder at the idea of paying full price for anything at SDM. :p

You are correct that store-specific items are on clear out. That is why it's great to check different Shoppers if they are on your way to see what is considered clearout or clearance. Food stores are great for some deals.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information